No spark and ECU question...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 91 Civic DX, the car will turn over but not start. We got a new distributor and still the car will not give any spark(with the pull the wire out of the distributor and see if there is a spark test). The part was a el cheapo. So i looked to the ECU error code. When the key is turned the light comes on and without a blink the light stays on.:confused: So if anyone has any answers that would be cool.:D

You need to jump the little connector to get the code. Its a little blue or brown plug under the passenger dash. Use a paper clip or something and when you turn the key to the accessory position it'll blink.

dude I am having the same problem I get juice into the main relay but thats it. Start checking relays:confused: I have no juice at the ECU

What do you mean by "jump" the connector with a paper clip? I see the blue connector but don't understand the rest of what you were talking about.

Well when the check engine light comes on and doesn't turn off when you first turn the key that means the ecu is not responding.I had the same problem and found out it was because of my ignition switch was no good, it turned everything on but did not turn on the main relay. There is a Yellow/white wire that has power all the time on the main relay harness then there is a blk/yellow that is suppose to have power when the key is on. Check with a test light to see if the blk/yellow gets power with the key on. If it gets no power get a piece of wire and jump the Yellow/wht wire with the Blk/Yellow and the relay will click twice and the engine light will turn off then try to start it. If the Blk/yellow gets power with the key on check all your fuses and grounds. Hope this helps

Back