Nology Wires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Are Nology Wires really worth the $180 or so that they cost? Good, bad or indifferent, I want to know what difference they made on your car. I am thinking about buying them, but I don't know anyone that has bought them.

OEM Honda wires perform as well and last just as long as any aftermarket plug wires you can buy. The is absolutely NO reason to buy any aftermarket plug wires.

if your trying to make horsepower at the spark plug wire the you must have a badass ride, does it run 8's already?? Why bother, just get some magnacores or something and use the left over money for more productive things like hmm a turbo or something else neat that goes whoosh
just my 2 cents i run ngk wires and love them

Originally posted by dohch22a4+Jan 5 2005, 10:40 PM-->
OEM Honda wires perform as well and last just as long as any aftermarket plug wires you can buy. The is absolutely NO reason to buy any aftermarket plug wires.
[post=441737]Quoted post[/post]​

That was my basic thought, an electrical connection is an electrical connection and nothing more.

ryangt
@Jan 5 2005, 10:40 PM
if your trying to make horsepower at the spark plug wire the you must have a badass ride, does it run 8's already??
[post=441738]Quoted post[/post]​

Not necessarily in the eights. Actually it is closer to the 18's.

Thanks guys for the rapid feedback.

Yeah, fuck NGK too. Just go get a set of OEM's and buy yourself a shiftknob or a nice dinner with your girlfriend with the money you saved.

i dont remember the link but someone actually did a dyno test of a few of the popular "performance" wires vs 10 year old stock honda wires
not only did the 10 year old stock honda wires yeild more power they also gave a smoother curve (less misfireing)

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 5 2005, 11:54 PM
ya e thats what i was talking about but i can't find it?
[post=441768]Quoted post[/post]​

i type too slow :(

you got that post in while i was making mine

yeah im looking for it too, not having much luck though

Ignition wires with grounded braided metal sleeves over the cable have come and gone all over the world for (at least) the last 30 years, and similar wires were used over 20 years ago by a few car makers to solve cross-firing problems on early fuel injected engines and RFI problems on fiberglass bodied cars -- only to find other problems were created. The recent Circle Track Magazine (USA, May, 1996 issue) test showed Nology "HotWires" produced no additional horsepower (the test actually showed a 10 horsepower decrease when compared to stock carbon conductor wires).

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/truth.htm

Is this the one you guys are talking about?

And while I am thinking about it, what difference will adding a new MSD-type coil make?

ive wasted alot of money on aftemarket products including sparkplugs.....now i only use 99 typeR plugs..... motor seems to idle better

yeah, OEM all the way. On my old civic, i bought some aftermarket ones at a local speed shop because my oem ones were fucked up. WHen i turned onto my street , they were messed up and one of the plugs already fell off of the cap. Terrible. I went and bought a set of OEM right away after that. Worked perfectly after that. I will only go OEM for anything. :huh:

what about "cheaper then stock" wires? how do they perform?

i have some generic 7.5mm wires on my car and just wondering.

Have to agree with everyone so far.. I used to run Accel Wires and they were junk.. Bought some OEM wires and had nothing but great luck with them.. I just use NGK plugs and run a stage cooler for the Nitrous Setup..

Cliffnotes for everyone : Nology = Not worth it..

so do iridium plugs not make a difference either?

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Jan 5 2005, 10:51 PM
Yeah, fuck NGK too. Just go get a set of OEM's and buy yourself a shiftknob or a nice dinner with your girlfriend with the money you saved.
[post=441760]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow, what an ignorant thing to say.

OEM wires are designed by NGK for specific years.

I swapped out my magnecor for a set of NGK's and never looked back. Awesome wires.

Ir plugs are a serious waste of money. Just buy yourself some BKR7E-11 plugs and call it a day (About $12/set of 4)

yo when u guys say oem do u mean staright from the dealer. or do u mean oem replacements by an aftermarket company like bosch or something of that sort. ive been runnin bosch on all my hondas and never had a firing problem but i was never pushing any serious power either.

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Jan 9 2005, 11:46 AM

Wow, what an ignorant thing to say.

OEM wires are designed by NGK for specific years.

I swapped out my magnecor for a set of NGK's and never looked back. Awesome wires.

Ir plugs are a serious waste of money. Just buy yourself some BKR7E-11 plugs and call it a day (About $12/set of 4)
[post=443350]Quoted post[/post]​

Listen, fuckstick, I know that NGK supplies plugs and wires for many OE Manufacturers. But buying NGK's aftermarket wires is stupid. They cost more and perform the same as OE wires.

Do us all a favor and pull your head out of your ass before posting again.

Back