Not a Dumbass, but...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGLSHB

Do you have to drop the tank in a 94 Del Sol VTEC to change the pump?

or is it accessed by removing the rear cargo compartments?

anyone know?

I know on a 92-95 civic that its under the rear seat, and should be accesible without dropping the tank, I hope this helped.

as best i can figure, it is either under the little storage thingy in between the seats, or i am gonna have to drop the tank... i got a 255 walbro for it, but i don't want to do it at home if i need to drop the tank...

if that is the case, i will put it on a lift at my brother's shop

i would imagine you get at it through the inside of the car. remove all the plastic and what not behiind the seat, should be there. please post how you went about it when your done, im gonna be doing a fuel pump with my swap later, so it'll be good to know for sure.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 1 2003, 05:06 PM
I know on a 92-95 civic that its under the rear seat, and should be accesible without dropping the tank, I hope this helped.

then the same should go for the del sol

Originally posted by h22bubbleback+Dec 1 2003, 10:06 PM-->
92civicb18b1
@Dec 1 2003, 05:06 PM

then the same should go for the del sol

del sol is a 2 seater eh!
lol
but to answer the question, yes you do have to remove the rear center compartment thingies (must remove the side parts first though) to get the the fuel pump.

remove the whole center piece (shift area and arm rest) then the rear compartments will come out

there will be a kidney shaped metal panel with some wire going through it ... take that off

the pump is under there (round plate with about 8 nuts)

pull that out... the pump is attatched to it

take the stock pump off .... put the new one on

do what you just did in reverse to get everything back together

(i just did mine not too long ago)

:withstupid:

same goes for 92-95 civic, but all you gotta do is pull out the rear seats instead of all the console trim.

Back