O2 sensor making ecu go in limp mode ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecjdm

I`m running a usdm p28 on a jdm d15b vtec.

The ecu was giving me code 22 and code 41.
For the 22 code since the d15b apparently doesnt have a VTP sensor ... i just taped the VTP to the VTSolenoid and the code vanished.

OK

Now my question is : will a code 41 (ie: primary oxygen sensor heater) make my p28 run in limb mode ?
Cause its not letting me rev over 5000. :(

I was just planning to get a 4 wire o2 sensor cause the d15b only uses 1 wire o2, so that should solve the prob... but i`m STILL not sure about this thing that its not letting me rev over 5000.... or could be somethin else ?? :huh:

Any comments ?

Btw: Anyone know a good place to buy a 4 wire o2 sensor at a good price ?

Originally posted by vtecjdm@Jul 17 2005, 02:16 PM
I`m running a usdm p28 on a jdm d15b vtec.

The ecu was giving me code 22 and code 41.
For the 22 code since the d15b apparently doesnt have a VTP sensor ... i just taped the VTP to the VTSolenoid and the code vanished.

OK

Now my question is : will a code 41 (ie: primary oxygen sensor heater) make my p28 run in limb mode ?
Cause its not letting me rev over 5000. :(

I was just planning to get a 4 wire o2 sensor cause the d15b only uses 1 wire o2, so that should solve the prob... but i`m STILL not sure about this thing that its not letting me rev over 5000.... or could be somethin else ?? :huh:

Any comments ?

Btw: Anyone know a good place to buy a 4 wire o2 sensor at a good price ?
[post=527573]Quoted post[/post]​

I have a known good 4 wire o2 sensor I can sell you, I dont use any o2 sensors, theyre disabled. I will however need yours to plug the bung. PM me if interested.

hey thanks, but i`m still gonna keep the 1 wire o2 sensor just in case i ght need it in the future.
I`ve checked many sites, but no one can give me a definitive answer about if the ecu can enter limb mode and not let me rev over 5000 just because i got an 02 heater code on a p28.
I mean .. as far as i know,the ecu shoulD read from its own maps if the o2 is fucked right ?

HelP ! :worthy:

The definitive answer is NO, an o2 will not put your car in limp mode. Run crappy, yes, limp mode, no.

it's because you tapped the VTP wire into the solenoid...that's why when you try to hit vtec around 5k, the car runs like crap. try taking the wire that is supposed to go to the VTP and ground it somewhere on the motor and see if that helps.

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Jul 18 2005, 04:18 AM
it's because you tapped the VTP wire into the solenoid...that's why when you try to hit vtec around 5k, the car runs like crap. try taking the wire that is supposed to go to the VTP and ground it somewhere on the motor and see if that helps.
[post=527865]Quoted post[/post]​

Thing is the car had same symptoms even when it was giving code 22.
And btw.. it doesnt let me rev it up more than 5000 .. EVEN parked !!

What do you mean that instead of taping the VTP to the solenoid wire ... i should connct the VTP wire to ground ??Sounds ..err .. strange, wouldnt that be doin a short ?

Btw.. i was running an obd2a on my d15b vtec motor (it should be runnin a obd1 right) But with this setup the car ran fine .. only probs were getting codes for crankshaft sensor, knock and the like.
So i got an obd2a to obd1 harness and a p28 ecu. Currently having the above probs though.

What the hell should i do guys ..... i`d really appreciate any help wish i could run it normally on a p28 ;)

d series.....obd2...might be your problem right there...maybe get the right ecu for the engine.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jul 18 2005, 09:53 PM
d series.....obd2...might be your problem right there...maybe get the right ecu for the engine.
[post=528239]Quoted post[/post]​

But i just did, have obd1 engine so i got a p28 .. what could be the prob guys ? Could bad wiring lead to engine not reving over 5000 maybe ? i donno what to think.

With my obd2 ecu it revs normally .. with my p28 . ..only till 5000 :(

Crazy

Back