obd0 injectors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rex187

ok i have a 1st gen b16a obd0. im have a skunk 2 pro intake manifold,74mm throttle body,hondata intake manifold gasket that i need to put on but i dont want to put it on with stock injectors. i have look around and all i can find are injectors for obd1 and obd2. i cant find any thing for obd0 can any one help me out with this.

nothing. will they pump out more fuel with the more stuff i do to my motor? because im gona be looking at putting atleast a 13.1:1 comperssion

ok so if i takes out the resistor box and soder or block off the plug i can run obd1 injectors? i thought the that obd0 ecu wont suport obd1 injectors. or is ther only with the obd0 stock resistor box?

If you use bigger injectors you will need to tune the ecu to the injector size so I would get injectors that will support more than what I need incase it may be needed later on and it would save from buying injectors again. Plus they are about 100 times cheaper than rc or precision injectors. You can run 450cc injectors with a 255lph fuel pump on a stock motor if you wanted to. You just need to tune them in.

All I'm saying is that they are cheap and will work fine without hacking the stock wiring harness. They just need to be tuned in.

i actually was wondering the same thing as this topic, so i'll chime in.
if you use the dsm injectors, what do you have to mod. they're not the same plugs, are they? and would you have to have the ecu flashed for those? i've got a b16 and i'm looking to prep for turbo, since i'm having a injector problem right now.

so, i for sure need the plugs too, and must get the ecu tuned to get good a/f ratios? hmmm....dunno anywhere around here that tunes ecu's. never had to find somewhere for that. any other alternative? aftermarket fmu?

sounds good. sounds like i'll have to bump my turbo install up to a sooner timeslot;) as i may have at least one faulty injector, and it's making my crx sound unhappy. dunno, i might just find a used b16 injector or something for the meantime. don't like spending money on something i won't need for long though...
sorry to threadjack rex187...

I'd rather have a P28 with a ZIF socket. You can use the same ECU and change programs in about a minute.
:ditto:

I did mine and its the first ECU i've ever chipped. Just do research on it first and use a good soldering/desoldering station. I used my ECU for my turbo z6 setup and now I have a B16 map on it with my own tune for the LS/Vtec.

I have an ostrich though so I can change it while I'm driving.

so far, i've seen one post on h.t. saying they're different, and one on h.t. saying they're not. so, yeah.... trying to find out from someone who knows for sure. don't wanna blow my motor up.

neither is staring at posts for hours that have nothing to do with what you're looking for, without finding what you're looking for. so, i think it might be a little easier to make a topic about it and ask. just because i quoted two posts, doesn't mean i only read two posts. i have looked. and i wouldn't ask if i could easily find it. i'm sure it's out there. i'm just sick of picking through threads FOREVER to find it, when i can just ask. sorry. i see alot of stuff about injectors for the two engines, but nothing to compare them.

it's only research if you find something. otherwise, i call it a waste of time. and clearly, you're bent on me wasting more of my time than i already have staring at posts that have no information for my situation. however, i'm just as much a critic as the next guy when it comes to people not searching. sorry i'd rather ask. i have a life outside my computer.
i will buy used b16 injectors off ebay if i need to, but i'd rather not if i don't have to.

Last edited:
yeah, research is good. i have done/do alot of it on here and h.t.. but if it's something i don't know the answer to, and i can't find it, then i'm not afraid to ask. because most people on here don't mind helping, and won't give you crap for asking. yeah, you are that other kind of person. and i have seen you get on plenty of other people on this site to know that. i guess it was just my turn.:rolleyes:

i've found alot of information before and during my swap by searching, and i've asked some questions too for the stuff i couldn't find. i'm not ashamed for asking either.

yes, i have thought about other b-series injectors. don't know if they'll work either. i don't have those injectors either. so, no, it doesn't currently matter. if i came across that info, that'd be interesting for future reference, but that's about it. that's not the info i need to know.

whether or not you want to help me is up to you. if it's criticism you're giving though, you can keep it. if i want your oppinion about my mindset or anything else, which i won't, i'll ask for it. please stop.

if you would like to continue a conversation about me, my searching techniques, or anything else, pm me. otherwise, this topic is for people to post about what the title says.

1.90% of your statements are not helping me help myself. you're offering criticism, and not of the constructive kind. i never asked to be spoon fed information, but if it makes you feel better saying it by categorizing me with that type of person, you can say that all you want.
2.as far as people thanking you for help; i gave you good rep, and did appreciate what you had to say at first, until you started being a jerk. i also think that even though people thank you, alot of people dislike alot of what you have to say as well. i am not the first person to have this problem with you. maybe you were in the right with them, maybe not. i don't care. my point is that you're abrasive. you can try to justify it all you want. i would think that sometimes you have good right to be, but this isn't one of those times.
3.you told me to that i'd have to research it. that was a good enough response. and you should know that i was already, and still am, researching it. i shouldn't have to defend myself from you by saying that either, but....
4.i never asked you to do the work for me either. so, i don't know how that statement really applies to this either.
5.i did see somewhere that at least one form of b's were 240, but i did not know that all of them are.
i don't have any other b series injectors, and if i'm going to buy some, then i'll look for any b series instead of just b16 injectors. so, thanks for the info there. it may come in useful if i do need to buy some. however, my question still primarily remains if there is a difference between a d series(particularly from a d16a6) obd0 injector, and a obd0 b series injector.
6. and yes, i did threadjack. that wasn't my intention, but it is much more now as i'm constantly defending myself from your remarks. i posted about my situation because this topic seamed most relevant to my situation at the time, and i wasn't trying to threadjack. i figured any responses would be contributing to the topic. but i guess that depends on your point of view. so, as i've already said, apologies to rex187 for threadjacking.
7. can i stop defending myself from you now? are you done yet?

Back