Obd0 To Obd1 Conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ractive78

Im getting an obd2 motor, and im putting it in my obd0 car. Someone suggested that I get an obd0 to obd1 wiring harness. And I was wondering what kinds of things do I need to change on the motor to make it obd1?

Thanks

This is what i would do if i were in your shoes.... buy a obd1 distributor, and possibly injectors but i am not sure if they need to be changed. then buy an obd0-obd1 ecu conversion harness, and wire your normal engine harness up for obd1. is a site you should check out...
http://www.geocities.com/kurtsi_on/page7.html <---obd0-obd1 conversion - good shit

the motor aslo comes with a full uncut wiring harness, which is obd2. So could I just swap the wiring harness and not have change anything? If that is possible it sounds like much less of a hassle, then going out and trying to find obd1 ecu, distributer, etc...

the obd0 to obd1 harnest on that link is good but a couple of the pins are mixed up which causes problems in the long run i used to use that way in making my hranest's but then i got help from joe at hasport and he cleared all the mistakes in that site for my harnest's....

before you do anything, what kind of car... Most of the time, you can use the harness from the car and just a downgrade plug with the obd1 ecu. That way you will not need a dist...

Back