On the motorcycle path

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NWDRVRBWE

Hands Off my Balls
Finally,
after my many hours of research, planning and lets not forget saving, i have finally made the decition to purchase a motorcycle.
went to take my first look at the bike today, i am very excited.
its an 08 kawi ninja 250 @ $2350 a steal in my oppinion.
less that 5k miles and in overall good shape. the left fairing does have a little rash from the previous owner dropping the bike but for a first bike it suits me perfectly!

bright red in color and very flashy. (i'm hoping this might help prevent an accident by making me more visible)
i have been looking at many insurance agency's and i was wondering if anyone had really good deals on their insurance? the man i am buying from says $180 a season. anyone have a better price from an agent?

if not, what do you guys think? more pics when i finally make the transaction....

3k53m53pe5O65X55S2a5o1bf3a024b7a21353.jpg

you will hate that 250 after about 2 weeks.

my first bike was a 250, for the same reasons you are looking at this one most likely: cheap, not as fast, not as scary, cheap, and lets not forget cheap.

but, once you get on it a couple of times it becomes: slow, too small, annoyingly slow, annoyingly small, and when riding in the curves it just feels wrong, its so small and theres no weight behind it, it always made me feel like it was going to disintegrate from under me. it just felt like nothing was there.

do yourself a favor, and get a 600. its nice to know that the power is there there when you need it, especially if you need to get the hell out of the way real fast. and they just have a much better feel to them. they feel safer, and the safer you feel, the more fun you'll have.

Stick with the 250, a 600 is too much for most people.
Once you're bored with it, sell it and move up.

im with jeffie on this one.

also demon,
i think your neglecting the new body style on the 08+ ninjas. although not as heavy as the 600's the frame is very close to the same width adding a more comfortable feel, although i agree, not much power.
i can turn around and sell this bike later if i need to also. KBB on this bike is around 2800 so i could potentially sell for more than purchased.

also, did all of my insurance research today. Progressive freaking rules. only $235 a year for insurance on the bike.

My friend bought one new last year. Kept it a couple months and sold it to buy a ZX6R. And hes only 5'6" 130ish. I will say that they hold their value well so when you finally decide to sell it, you should get your money back at least.

Back