p2j ECU 3stage vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

snowy

Hi,

I've been searching the net for days looking for pinouts for a db15b 3stage vtec ECU... does anyone have the pinouts for both manual and multimatic tranny?

p2j-003 (manual)
p2j-j61 (auto/mmt)

thanks

3 stage vtec = vtec-e. its that wacky thing they put on some civics and the insight to save gas...basically it has the opposite effect of vtec. you get better gas mileage at the cost of power.

Steve at hmotors has a lot of connections, call him up see if he can hook you up. from what i understand that ECU is JDM only.

Quoted post[/post]]
3 stage vtec = vtec-e. its that wacky thing they put on some civics and the insight to save gas...basically it has the opposite effect of vtec. you get better gas mileage at the cost of power.

its actually vtec-e+regular vtec :wink:... fuel economy as good as the vtec-e's but as much hp as the ZCs(around 130hp).

Everyone is looking for that ECU ... especially for manual. 95% of the cars that came with the d15b (3 stage OBD2) were CVTs = manual ECU is ULTRA RARE.
3 stage vtec works like this
0-2500 rpm - you are using only half of your intake valves (12 valves active) - GOOD Economy
2500 - 5500 rpm - you are running regular non vtec timing (all 16 valves active)
5500 - redline - high profile (one of if not the most aggressive timing on a stock d-series cam)
JDM Engine Depot has auto P2Js, I am pretty sure the pinouts are VERY simmilar if not identical, problem is that the maps are a bit different for an auto, and you will not have vtec engaged unless you trick the ecu into thinking it is in D.

result: ~130 horses, 102 f-lb tourque

more power than a d16y7 and 1 less f-lb of tourque

pretty much almost twice the fuel econ if you are not beating

theory suggests that going constant ~45mph with optimal tranmission gearing yields 70 mpg which translates to like 40 to 50 mpg during regular driving. TAKE THAT, PRIUS!!!

If you find one, let me know, I am trying to do this swap in my 2000 civic (stock d16y7 engine)

Back