Paintballing is addicting

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CiViC_SOHC

So I went paintballing last weekend at Paintball Heat (its here in plymouth IN). They have a 4 story abadonded High School with scenario play. ITS FREAKING AWESOME! I love paintball lol..

i tried to organize an event here in the fall, and no one wanted to go :cry:

i haven't been in a couple years. its so much fun. i got a pos gun too :p

I used to play but everyone quit so now I just have my gun sitting around. Its a old ass spyder compact 2000 but since I took care of it it still shoots decent. Only upgrade I have are a bottomline and remote feed 20oz tank.
I havn't used it in at least 2 years.

back in 98 i had myself a nice gun... then i gave it to a buddy of mine... and then the hubby and friends got into it. it's fun stuff, but i tell you... it really is expensive when you think of upgrades and tanks and all that.

Quoted post[/post]]
back in 98 i had myself a nice gun... then i gave it to a buddy of mine... and then the hubby and friends got into it. it's fun stuff, but i tell you... it really is expensive when you think of upgrades and tanks and all that.

Lets see

I had $500-$600 into my 32 Degrees version of the Smart Parts Impulse. Another $70+ in the 10inch Dye barrel I had. Another $300 into my 68/3000psi nitro tank. ~$40 into my drop forward. $80 into my motorized hopper. $100-$120 for a case of paint every game day. The money into my harness and pods and jerseys...

Thats just one gun setup. My micromag RT was $750 or something to start off with as well but it was a damn paint blender.

Definately not the cheapest thing, especially at $100-$140 a day, after purchasing your own equipment.

I've lost hope with the paintballers when they started calling them "markers". Candy asses.

Quoted post[/post]]
i'm sorry... if i spent 700 on an angel.. it's not a marker... it's a fucking gun.

$700 for an angel is cheap, like bottom of the line or used unless the market has changed drastically since I was in it. I know for sure that angels could easily be $1100-$1300 and a Dark Angel was like $1500-$1800.

this was in 98, though... even then i got it for a good price.. it was a very very nice gun (at least i was told so, i mean... i didn't knwo what i was gettin into, i just wanted something nice to start with)

but yea... i dug it. used to paint up the high school i went to. haha

PB is a fun hobby, but I don't see myself playing ever again.

I'm still trying to sell all my PB crap. :-/

IM000491.JPG

Quoted post[/post]]

IM000491.JPG
lol is that an old autococker? Anyways ya I got a tippy custom 98. All I have so far is a J&J barrel and a double trigger. I am thinking about getting a RT trigger and Cyclone feed...its only gonna cost me like $120 for total. I bought 1 case of paint and only used like 1 bag the whole time I was there..the speedwall wasn't like tourny is was more slowed down lol. I love it I jus hope I don't have to work this sunday so I can go again.

Got priced out of it. At the rate I was spending money, it was either my car - or my gun. And you can't drive an Autococker to work. Had a nice setup, tons of gear - but the sport was way to expensive and I wasn't having fun anymore. Airball was the end of recreational paintballing IMHO. I got started with airsoft, but I'm gonna wait till the summer before I do anything else.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

IM000491.JPG
lol is that an old autococker? Anyways ya I got a tippy custom 98. All I have so far is a J&J barrel and a double trigger. I am thinking about getting a RT trigger and Cyclone feed...its only gonna cost me like $120 for total. I bought 1 case of paint and only used like 1 bag the whole time I was there..the speedwall wasn't like tourny is was more slowed down lol. I love it I jus hope I don't have to work this sunday so I can go again.

Spyder SE, Viewloader hopper, C02, etc. Is that a JT IZE Flex 7 mask? If it is, you might be able to sell it seperately, but its hard for me to tell what it is. They used to be $70 new and I sold mine for like $50 used but once again that was quite awhile ago and no one probably wants anything that old anymore. Same is to be said for the gun, you can pick that shit up at walmart brand new now for like $90-$110 so you're really not going to see much more than $50-$80 more than likely unless you find a sucker.

Problem with that gun is that according to the "new" rules (new as in new when I was playing 5 years ago) you have to have a trigger guard for all triggers and that double finger trigger doesn't have a guard.

How could you confuse a Spyder ANYTHING with an autococker? Shame on j00!

lol...I used to play every weekend when I was in high school...had a DYE cocker with one of the Ricochet loaders when they first came out...loved that mofo, wish I hadn't sold it....

Quoted post[/post]]
How could you confuse a Spyder ANYTHING with an autococker? Shame on j00!

lol...I used to play every weekend when I was in high school...had a DYE cocker with one of the Ricochet loaders when they first came out...loved that mofo, wish I hadn't sold it....

Dye products were so expensive, but I shouldn't talk since I shot my Proteam Micromag RT and my 32º Degree Impulse which were both upgraded guns from aftermarket companies.

And yes, its hard to confuse the shroud of an autococker with that of the Spyder. My friend who shoots an automag with one of the intelliframes wired to his revvy, just bought an autococker from Sports Authority for like $150 - thats half the price they used to be new, actually $339.49 is a price that sticks into my mind for the standard cocker years ago.

...and those richochet hoppers were so funny looking. they came out with the egg too, but now the halo ranks supreme i believe.

Halo's sucked back when I played...dunno if they've changed their technology by now, but when the Ricochet 2k came out it was badass...the Halo used something like an infrared sensor to agitate, which could get dirty or get paint on it when you chopped a ball, and then it wouldn't keep feeding...the Ricochet used a touch sensor (or something like that) that worked a LOT better than the Halo's mechanism...the Ricochet fed faster too, I believe...

Like I said, it's been 3 years since I've even thought about paintball, but 'back then' (haha) Ricochet > Halo

I dunno about paintball but I bought an airsoft gun the other day...

Back