Performance H22a Engine Mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think the Honda tuning community has some issues. You have shitload of aftermarket engine mounts that will make a H22A fit in a civic, integra and have stiffer engine mounts than stock also the same cars have engine mount inserts that will enhance the stock mushy mounts but there are no performance motor mounts/mount inserts for the H22A in a prelude, much less in a accord, other than a homemade backyard job. If someone knows a reputable company that does could they provide a link or something. I really think it sucks that you cant get a stiffer motor mount for a prelude or accord, I mean those were the only two cars that were supposed to have H22A's in the first place.

but why pay 40-50 bucks for inserts (if some one even did make'em) when you could go to your closes hardware store and buy a tube of Polyurethane and shoot some into your engine mounts? cost me $5! and it works just as good as my buddys ES inserts.

but a the answer to your question... theres no market in making inserts for the accord. That would be my guess.

so how exactly would i go about this. Would i have to remove the mounts first then apply the polyurethane and should i use some kind of mold and should they be new mounts or it doesnt matter?

so... what i did was... since i could not afford to go with out my car for a day or two while the poly cured i went to the junk yard and pulled 2 lower front torque mounts from a civic ( i think the accord/prelude might be different... actually i think its might just be 1 lower front torque mount & the rear mount you need to worry about). I went to the local hardware store and got some Poly in a tube... its sometimes used for sealing window frames, Not to be mistaken for the silicone stuff. There are many brands to Polyurethane to chose from but it will be clearly marked "Polyurethane." But if you have ever looked at Poly bushings or inserts the Poly in a tube drys and looks and feels just like the Energy suspension stuff... once you get the mounts clean them with brake cleaner, let dry, then take some electrical tape or duck tape and tape up one side of the mount, making a "Cup" , then take the poly put it in the gun type dispenser and shoot some in making sure that you get all the air pockets out as you fill up....then let dry. i would give it a full day if not 2 to dry and cure properly.
i hope this helps... let me know how it goes...

thanks Guys i guess i would have to go with the backyard job thing. and to Bink i meant performance mounts to fit a H22A in a accord (or stock mounts in my case) or performance replacements for stock prelude mounts which are actuallt the same thing but thanks anyways for the link Bink (didnt intend for it to rhyme so just cool :lol:)

And to thanks BucketSol i guess yours turned out pretty good huh i guess my front and rear mounts are the ones going although the front one is just tore im not too sure about the rear one but i guess ill save sometime in the future and do all three and this may sound like a dumb question but can i take out all three at once or would i have to do them one at a time :unsure: ?

Back