Pics Of My Boost Project!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

colorpros

Here it is in the making.
s3e826c50d3d94.jpg
:D

thats pretty dope, if i can get over to my buddies jesse's house [when he is ever home], i'll take a few pics of his turbo EG and his race car... im planning on building a turbo car in the NEAR future...

B)

i would make good friends with a local tig welder...plan on that manifold cracking within a couple months. Seems like everyone on honda-tech that used one of those had it crack. :(

But as for bracing- i would have some pieces of steel welded from the lower flange to the head flange, then if at all possible make a bracket from the turbo to the stock exhaust manifold mounting bracket near the bottom of the block

good luck dude

ok im a n00b in the turbo application, but why do you need to brace the manifold? and why would it crack?

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Mar 27 2003, 04:23 PM
ok im a n00b in the turbo application, but why do you need to brace the manifold? and why would it crack?

the meng/obx manifolds are notorious for cracking... possible reasons are use of cheap materials, poor construction, crappy quality control, etc... there is a reason those ss tubular manifolds are so cheap ;)

so how much did all that set you back? do you think i could trade in some marlboro miles for a set up like that?

Back