please help car wont start dont no why?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok well i thought this blog for people that dont no what there doing so they can learn, i would hire a guy but the whole point u are missing is that this blog can be " my guy " in workds to say that u guys can teach me and help me and vice versa

so what should i buy?

im going to start with a new distributor ,( whole thing )

is this a good one?>

eBay Motors: NEW 90-91 HONDA ACCORD 2.2L TD31U IGNITION DISTRIBUTOR (item 160268086995 end time Aug-09-08 12:32:26 PDT)

ok well i thought this blog for people that dont no what there doing so they can learn, i would hire a guy but the whole point u are missing is that this blog can be " my guy " in workds to say that u guys can teach me and help me and vice versa

Do you even know what a blog is?

And yes, you need to just take your car somewhere and say "fix this please".

Buying that would be an absolutely terrible idea...

For the third time:
AUTOZONE -- JUST THE CAP -- PART #: JP982 -- $16.99
AUTOZONE -- ROTOR -- PART #: JP903 -- $4.99

AUTOZONE -- SET OF NGK PLUGS -- PART #: 7098 -- $1.99 PER PLUG
If you are willing do drop that kind of money on a distributor when it's not at all necessary, spend the $8 and get a set of 4 plugs that we know work fine.

AUTOZONE -- PLUG WIRES -- PART #: 9566 -- $35.99
Don't waste money on the bigger size, just get the stock. This might be a little more, but if you are willing to spend over $100 on a distributor, when all you need is a cap

A new distributor will NOT do anything more than this. Plus you would then have to take off the old one and install the new one, and then set the timing correctly. I can't think of a single reason how replacing the distributor would be better than what I said above. Plus the ebay one is some cheap replacement and will in no way fit as good as the OEM Honda one.

Also distributor caps wear on the inside, you would have to take it off to see.

I don't think this would be a main relay problem as the OP stated the motor won't turn over. A main relay failure would only prohibit the engine from getting fuel and not start. It will turn over with a bad main relay.

To get an idea if it's a flaky main relay, Turn off all your accessories, radio/radar detector etc.... try and keep the noise down in the cabin. Now turn the key one click to the on position you should hear the feul pump turn on and run for a second or two. You should do this a few times to listen for the fuel pump turning on. If you don't hear it, it very may well be the main realy.

I would check the battery and make sure the connections are tight. Possibly have the battery tested to see if it needs to be replaced.

It cold possibly be the distributor? but If you haven't changes your wires,plugs, and distributor rotor in ages that might be a good start. A simple turn up. No need to buy platinum or some exotic plugs, just go with good 'ol NGK copper they a shit load cheaper they just don't last as long.

I don't think this would be a main relay problem as the OP stated the motor won't turn over. A main relay failure would only prohibit the engine from getting fuel and not start. It will turn over with a bad main relay.

To get an idea if it's a flaky main relay, Turn off all your accessories, radio/radar detector etc.... try and keep the noise down in the cabin. Now turn the key one click to the on position you should hear the feul pump turn on and run for a second or two. You should do this a few times to listen for the fuel pump turning on. If you don't hear it, it very may well be the main realy.

I would check the battery and make sure the connections are tight. Possibly have the battery tested to see if it needs to be replaced.

It cold possibly be the distributor? but If you haven't changes your wires,plugs, and distributor rotor in ages that might be a good start. A simple turn up. No need to buy platinum or some exotic plugs, just go with good 'ol NGK copper they a shit load cheaper they just don't last as long.

It's like talking to a wall man, no matter how hard you try, you will get nowhere telling him what you just did. give it a day and he'll still be asking bout the same stuff

What about rough idle?

As much as I hate to chime in here, I feel somewhat compelled. Did you change the valve cover gasket when you took it off to paint it? Did you even put the old one back in? This could be a potential source of oil getting into parts of the engine that it shouldn't...

As much as I hate to chime in here, I feel somewhat compelled. Did you change the valve cover gasket when you took it off to paint it? Did you even put the old one back in? This could be a potential source of oil getting into parts of the engine that it shouldn't...

People keep commenting on that used valve cover gasket, but the oil that he is seeing would have to come over the top of the spark plug tubes or through the bottom of them.... IMO oil pooling around the plugs isn't a problem.

If the valve cover gasket really was bad, then he would have a bit of a mess, but I don't see how that would cause any of them of these problems.

My guess is that he's arching his spark across carbon buildup through the inside of the distributor cap into the head...

People keep commenting on that used valve cover gasket, but the oil that he is seeing would have to come over the top of the spark plug tubes or through the bottom of them.... IMO oil pooling around the plugs isn't a problem.

If the valve cover gasket really was bad, then he would have a bit of a mess, but I don't see how that would cause any of them of these problems.

My guess is that he's arching his spark across carbon buildup through the inside of the distributor cap into the head...

Right, I agree. A bad valve cover gasket wouldn't necessarily explain all the problems, but it's a possible source of the oil around the spark plugs. It was just a suggestion. I should probably have read through the entire thread more thoroughly. It seems like others already suggested this?

Hey, Homeslice...take it to a shop..call it a day.:poop:

I agree. The longer you drive it around without fixing it the worse the problems are going to get. Take it to a mechanic that you trust (if you have any that you trust) and then ask for a thorough explanation of what was wrong with it and what caused the problems. That way you'll know what to look for and how to fix it yourself next time.

Also, buy yourself a Haynes or Chilton manual for your car. They don't cost much and they're a good source of information for trouble-shooting problems and general maintenance procedures...

well thank to u who are still helping me ,

i got all my questions answered besides the part where why is there oil in the slinky part of my cold air intake, and why is it huffing?

thanks

we answered the huffing question, actually 3 people did, It's the way an intake sounds with an unrestricted airfilter such as a cone filter. as for the oil in there, who knows..

well thank to u who are still helping me ,

i got all my questions answered besides the part where why is there oil in the slinky part of my cold air intake, and why is it huffing?

thanks

Once again. Cone filters huff. As for the intake, is there a PCV connected into it?
PCV valve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It could be squirting a little oil into the intake.

You never specified. Is it oil? Or is it just oily? It could have came like that.

Last edited:
ahh i didn't even think of the vacuum hose coming off of the valve cover to the intake... that would be the casue of that

i did buy a new rotor buy coulnt figure out how to install it?

so w.e?

EDIT! I was talking about the wrong kind of rotor. When you said rotor, i thought brakes, as you're having trouble with that too. The rotor is unbelievably simple. Remove the cap. Pull the old rotor off, and put the new one on. That simple. It comes right off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back