Potential Trade

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

As most of you know, my car is the riced one in these here parts.

1995 Civic DX. 170,000 Miles. No options except A/C. Needs recharged. Major maintenance 20,000 Miles ago.

I would be trading for a...

1993 Civic EX. 150,000 Miles. All options, all working. Runs "strong". Will need a major maintenance (timing belt, etc.) fairly soon. The car will come with 2500-3000 cash.

The EX has some light front end damage. Bumper needs a fastener, and will need a new headlight/corner lens. I'd probably just bolt everything back up and throw some TYC black one-pieces on it.

So whatcha think?

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jan 13 2005, 12:30 AM
+

2500-3000 cash.
[post=444947]Quoted post[/post]​

Keep the hatch and with the $2500-$3K throw a GS-R (or ITR if you are a good shopper) swap into it. But what do YOU want to drive? Are you a hatch or a coupe person at heart? Otherwise, that EX is not worth $2500-$3K more than your DX hatch imo. And I love my Si engine, but it's not worth that much more than a DX engine.

I don't have a hatch. I have a coupe. It's riced to all hell.

And I would be trading him my car for his car and some money.

My bad. But I still think that's a lot of money for the difference in trim levels (DX up to EX, 150K vs 170K in mileage etc...).... well just based on what I see for sale in my area. Are you in a rush to get rid of your DX?

Like last summer, there were two different 94-95 GS-R coupes in my area for $2500 each. Mileages were in the 150K range. Private party sales.

Civics go for exhorbitant amounts of money in this area. An EG EX Coupe will go for between 3500 and 5500 private party, depending on the condition.

If anyone's worried about the differences in prices it should be him - he's the one losing 2500 bucks.

Oh. Well if he is willing to pay you $2500-$3K for the trade, then it's a no brainer. Just do it. It'd be like selling your car and getting one for free. lol.

Having to do the timing belt on it is nothing. Oem parts are only about $150.

Why do you want an EX? It's just heavier, and has a shitty engine as well. You can remove the rice from the car, I did on my DX. That's crazy to pay that much for 20k less miles, power windows and a sunroof. I will never own an EG again, but if I did...DX > EX for the price. If they were the same price, of course I would get the EX, but I wouldn't pay more for it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 13 2005, 09:34 AM
HES NOT PAYING FOR IT

chrsit- reading comprehension owns all of you
[post=445072]Quoted post[/post]​

B the first way he wrote his post up implied that he was the one paying for the privilege of the trade. Then he edited his first post.... so finally I got it. And if one isn't directly familiar with his DX coupe (and it being riced out) a quick read makes one think that the other guy would value his EX for more than Battlepope's DX. Better writing on his part and posted pics of the two cars (or at the very least his) would have helped this thread out a lot. I really have no idea how Battlepope's car looks like and what mods he has on it. "Riced out" can mean many things, an ugly bodykit, Altezzas, a bad paint job, windshield washer lights.... also when he means "the riced out one in these parts" I can think of at least one other car that's worse in that department. lol.

But yeah, if he can get rid of his riced out DX coupe and upgrade to a stock EX coupe ANDS get paid $2500-$3000 cash for the deal.... then it's a no brainer that he should make the deal happen....

Yes, the original post was lacking in some ways. Mainly lack of pics and poor layout. But yes, I would be trading my DX for a stock EX with 2500 bucks in the passenger seat (cash, not a 2500 dollar seat.):p

And Havok, yes I could "de-rice" it, but it would cost me a lot more money to buy all new OE bumpers and fenders and grind the widebody off the quarters and repaint it all than to just start over.

I posted pics a couple months ago of my car sitting in the mall - don't any of you remember? Can someone find the link to the thread real quick, I'm at work...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 13 2005, 06:34 AM
HES NOT PAYING FOR IT

chrsit- reading comprehension owns all of you
[post=445072]Quoted post[/post]​

no shit, dumbasses lol

Originally posted by Havok@Jan 13 2005, 12:49 AM
Why do you want an EX? It's just heavier, and has a shitty engine as well.
[post=444995]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm sorry, I didn't know the D16Z6 was a crap motor.

:ufucktard:

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jan 13 2005, 12:03 PM
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=438666

Pics are in this thread. It has a different hood on it now, and a new windshield. The front bumper and fenders have some cracks in them.
[post=445119]Quoted post[/post]​

Why didn't you just repost the pics? lol.

gallery_34693_58_1099788903.jpg

gallery_34693_58_1099788890.jpg

So anyway... what's in store for your next car? Will it be another "show car" also, but in better taste? ;) And EX's may be heavier, but having power windows and side mirrors, and the moonroof is nice to have also, not to mention I like the those D16Z6 engines too. It's great to be able to use 87 octane gas in them. :p

1) Cause I'm lazy, mostly. :p

2) I'm gonna keep it clean and stock on the body. It has a short ram intake, which I will replace with a cold air. It has an exhaust, which I might replace. TYC 1-piece projectors and that's about it. It's got those old school frosted looking "clear" taillights with the upper half painted over a candy red so they look like Si tails. It's got Eibachs and Si wheels with new tires and that's all. No major work, I just want a stock-ish daily driver.

3) In better taste? WTF? :p

I might go SiR-II. Depends on a few things though.

I really want to build a sandrail before this summer though, so I might not swap it.

id trade....show cars are so old news now...and it is honda SWAPP lol thats my idea for the 2500

:werd:

I'd trade it, and just save the 2500 minus what it takes to "fix" the new car. Then, sell the new car and buy what you want, if you wish.

The deal is good, but I don't know how much you have into your current car, or what your goals are for the future. I like stock looking cars, that handle pretty well and have great power.

My Accord looks tame, but it's not, and I want it wilder. I just want the beans and no rice. No flame, to each their own.

Back