Powerlocks Into Nonpower

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DazedCivic99

My brothers car just got broken into at college and my parents are getting him an alarm to be safer and what not. they offered to get me an alarm too with keyless entry and all the goods. My car is not power, it is the DX, so i was wondering how easy is it to change the car to power. i already know that the door panales are probably going to have to be replaced and alot of wiring done. i am going to go down to the dealership soon to talk to the folks there about this. i was just wanting some more input from you all fine folks.
thanks and have a nice day/night/morning.

you dont have to replace the door panels, if you buy a kit and have it done they can relocate the buttons . good spot is in the middle where your parking brake is, even has spots for it.

that could be an alright place for the switches but that also posses an inconvence i would rathar have it done like honda does it i like things simple and the same as the heirachy likes it. lol i dunno

:ph34r: .
i have done this before it is easy you just have to have some extra cash
you will need the guts from a doner vehicle you will have to have the power window regulator lock regulators and the door panels from the other car then u put the stuff in your car and the last thing you will need is the internal wire harnees that goes from eash door plug to lthe fuse box then just add the fuses it works great i have a civic cx hatch back with the power windows and locks now it is fun
chad :ph34r:
let me know how it works

i suppose i will let you know if i go through with it, right now it is wrestling season and that is were all my time is devoted to, record is 27-6, but i thinking my parents are willing to pay to keep my car safe that i am going to go through with it since i too am going off to college.
there is no wires that go to the ecu, i dont see why there should be any going to it, it is just electronic battery driving power controlled by a switch.

Back