Pr3 Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OldSchoolSwap

I was going about 120 in 4th gear and before it hit the 8000 rpm mark (at about 6 or 7k) it "bogged" down and woudn't let me go any faster.
So i slowed down thinking i might have damaged the engine but all was fine. I did not have a chace to bring it up to that speed again so i'm turning for information here.

Help!

Originally posted by OldSchoolSwap@Feb 2 2003, 04:18 PM
I was going about 120 in 4th gear and before it hit the 8000 rpm mark (at about 6 or 7k) it "bogged" down and woudn't let me go any faster.
So i slowed down thinking i might have damaged the engine but all was fine. I did not have a chace to bring it up to that speed again so i'm turning for information here.

Help!

Speed governor. All PR3 ecu's have them.

If you chip it, the speed governor can be removed.

i think you can hondata that bitch and it will get rid of the rev limiter and would be better then a chip.

get a fields controller and you can bump it up to 135, but you are going to kill yourself or someone else going that fast so don't do it, and yes i am your father.

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster+Feb 2 2003, 05:06 PM-->
OldSchoolSwap
@Feb 2 2003, 04:18 PM

Help!

Speed governor. All PR3 ecu's have them.

If you chip it, the speed governor can be removed.

Ah damn! I was afraid you'd say that. The last ecu i had was a P28 chipped, i figured they had taken the limiter out.

But now that i have a diffrent set up and using this new stock PR3 i guess i found out the hard way ;)

Thanks for your fast answers guys!

Back