project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Oct 28 2003, 12:52 AM-->
@Oct 28 2003, 12:45 AM
Your car ... Looks f'ing badass.

i never thought i'd hear that.... especially from you

Why do you say that? I've always known it would end up being a badass. Hell, at this point, you've dropped a good bit more cash than me, TOTAL, and for you it was all on ONE setup, where I've been through at least one and a half or two different setups now.

Also, I'm partially comparing your car to a HF manifold welded to a junkyard $50 16g turbo, with a DSM side mount where the AC condenser was on a car that externally WISHED it was in as good of shape as yours.

I'll say it again in another way.

In the last 3 weeks, your car has gone from the most-needing-to-be-swapped-evar Del Sol to a big hairy cahones having, 100mph-punch-against-a-t66-Supra winning, asskicker. I just hope it's everything you've wanted, all at once, because I can see you getting fed up with a quickness after working on it for so long. :hide:

yeah, im sick of it. show up with a flat bed and a chunck of cash and its yours. lol

but seriously, if/when the bitch runs, i'll probably be looking to dump her i the spring....

And thus, another "Motor just installed 500 miles ago" car hits eBay....

Sad, sad, sad.

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin+Oct 28 2003, 01:25 AM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 27 2003, 06:24 PM
SixtySecondAssassin
@Oct 27 2003, 12:53 AM
my brother is certified and can weld aluminum.  im sure he'd be happy to do it for you for a few bucks.

Really? Hmmm... :lol:

werd. he's back in houston though. if you seriously need anything done lemme know.

Nothing planned, but I'll let you know. ;)

Originally posted by Calesta+Oct 28 2003, 10:14 AM-->
Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Oct 28 2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 27 2003, 06:24 PM
SixtySecondAssassin
@Oct 27 2003, 12:53 AM
my brother is certified and can weld aluminum.  im sure he'd be happy to do it for you for a few bucks.

Really? Hmmm... :lol:

werd. he's back in houston though. if you seriously need anything done lemme know.

Nothing planned, but I'll let you know. ;)

Hey don't be jackin B's topic. J/K :D

Man, thats a lot of reading.

Pissedoffsol - nice car, what hondata system are you using - s200?

Yo B...About that front support cross member you cut out. Are you gonna find a way to get that re-attached later? Or are you just gonna pray you dont twist your frame?

its wasnt a cross member that was the bumper support there are other structural parts of that car that hold the fron end from twisting up. although it will make for more dmamge in an accident without it

Edit* on a side note of B ever gets in a front end collision with the sol the whole tubro setup is gonna be toasted just abuot... so i suppose if your gonna do it, do it big :blink:

if i wanted safety, i'd buy a volvo 240dx.

im building a fast car, not a safe one.

the bumper support is cut to fit the intercooler. as you can tell, it doesn't even fit in there without it. with it, forget about it.
its part of the crash structure- not a support bar.

if i crash the car, fuck it- the whole car is toast. i'll salvage what i can, and move on.

fortunately, im not a n00b, know how to drive, and have never wrecked a car because of something I did. my 1 wreck, i was at a dead stop and got hit in the ass. :shrug2: I don't do stupid shit. I don't drive like a maniac... hell, I'm the q-tip driver, remember.

There is a time and place for everything.

Hanging with bill on the twisties is NOT going to be one of them.....

ASt least now, you can let Bill leave you pretty well in the twisties, and make it up REALLY fast on the straights. ;)

heading out to the garage now...

going to try to fix the crooked ass FMIC

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 28 2003, 01:25 AM
yeah, im sick of it. show up with a flat bed and a chunck of cash and its yours. lol

but seriously, if/when the bitch runs, i'll probably be looking to dump her i the spring....

you say that now, wait till you drive it

Day 10

well, here's what we did. got the IC mounted better... and tied down tight.

and removed the shit harness. fucking kid who owned it before fucked it up big time.... so we pulled it, and are going to run the z6's harness tomorrow. started taking it off, but it was so damn cold outside... called it an early night.

bill took a bunch of random pics... but they are stupid shit

DSC00513.JPG

DSC00514.JPG

DSC00515.JPG

DSC00516.JPG

DSC00517.JPG

DSC00518.JPG

DSC00519.JPG

DSC00520.JPG

that's about it.

lame night

Last edited by a moderator:
and with a lip, it will cover up the tiny exposed area no problem.

so, WTB- 92-95 civic front lip spoiler :)

Back