project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im working on a deal for a mint one for 50 shipped right now...

if you can match the condition and beat the price, we should talk :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 29 2003, 10:28 PM
i dont see why it wont. E's closes...

But a sol with an LS/T won't close without modification, so....just don't slam the fucker down like Charles did, lol. If I remember correctly, it was his wastegate that got fux0red when he tried to close it.

well, mine isn't mint, but i n good overall shape.... let me know....

i guess i coould put it on my Sol... if you don't want it

Originally posted by Afipunk21+Oct 31 2003, 08:53 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Oct 29 2003, 10:28 PM
i dont see why it wont. E's closes...

But a sol with an LS/T won't close without modification, so....just don't slam the fucker down like Charles did, lol. If I remember correctly, it was his wastegate that got fux0red when he tried to close it.

i also don't have a gay-style manifold that puts the wastegate up top OVER the motor line like most POS manifolds do.

see..
his:
s3eac8e25c832d.jpg

mine:
DSC00427.JPG

Nice work! Thanks for posting the pics and updating. This is a really informative thread IMO. (esp with all the pics) :thumbsup: Keep up the good work! Whats next?

wires.... and lots of 'em
getting a distributor
injector harness...
axles, starter bolt, blah.. too much cshit

What's so bad about mounting the wastegate up high like that?

its not "bad"
it just induces spikes. it gets the majority of its "reading" from one or two ports, instead of the collective whole like mine does. so even though cyl 2 is seeing 10 psi, cyl 3 and 4 might be throwing in enough exhaust to make 15 psi

and its not the height or where it is... its where it gets the reading from the runenrs

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 31 2003, 12:39 PM
its where it gets the reading from the runenrs

That's what I was thinking... so it's not placement, it's just the fact that most of the
"crappy" designs place the wastegate on top like that, right?

yeah-- most of the time. its "easy" to jsut stick a pipe on...

take the drag kit:

Dragturbokit.jpg

cyl 1 and PART of cyl 2 send 99% of the reading to the wastegate. 3 and 4 jsut fire away at the turbo, inducing spike

my friend has had his drag kit on his ls for a year at 7-8 psi and hasn't had any problems what so ever. maybe it's because he wasn't boosting that much. but i agree. EL FR mani > drag mani. ;)

so the drag kit sucks? what are some good kit's that people have access to without building one.

Back