Project Rolie Polie

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i love the old school bugs, i hope your build turns out how you want. keep the pics coming.

I had a 74 super that I rolled. I always toy with the idea of buying a baja bug. I also wouldn't mind building as cali style. Good luck with the project.

the weather has been really shitty lately, so no chance to get out there yet.. i see the sun peeking through the clouds so i might go out and clean out the inside

i've never worked on a bug before but my buddy Steve has had several of them.. so maybe this weekend we might get the motor pulled out.. woot! ... next step, sell this shell and buy the year i want.. :D

well, found the shell i want.. just gotta pull the motor and sell the shell i have.. (no i havent pulled the motor yet, the weather has been pretty crappy around here)

1965 VW Bug probably offer $500

here is the motor i'm gonna be workin with.. dual port 1600, it gets on it
its been cleaned up now

P7044078.jpg

well, i plan on really doing the suspension.. not sure what yet because i havent researched much yet.. but it'll be track capable hopefully

if anything i'd boost the motor i have..

You should look into narrowing and lifting the trans axle. IMO runnin a shit load of camber to lower the car looks like ass.

Bug motor do pretty well with boost. That was the plan for mine lol.

Id still lookin into it. I dont have any of my old book marks to provide pics, but if you alter ride hieght at all the narrowed/lifted setup looks way better. Back in the day they were developing kits that were pretty much just thicker bushings that go between the transaxle and the pan. Those oughta be in pretty god production by now. After you get somethin like that all you gotta do is narrow the axle tubes to fit in the fenders.

something i'll definitely look into.. i mean i'll have the car completely apart at one point.. haha

Lol, I like how, when you have the body off a bug you can have a rolling chassis with like 50% of the interior attached to it.

Ya, check it out though. Maybe not as much effort as youd like to put into lowering the car, but its good to have options lol.

well, i plan on doing this car right.. thats why im gonna take my time with it

wow!.. 13000 posts now.. hah

its definitely getting an aftermarket carb.. i'll look into a cam

great thing is.. it doesnt have to be smogged, so i may go nuts on it.. haha.. never been able to do that being in CA

its definitely getting an aftermarket carb.. i'll look into a cam

great thing is.. it doesnt have to be smogged, so i may go nuts on it.. haha.. never been able to do that being in CA

The best part is aftermarket VW parts are dirt cheap. You can get a turn-key (bolt it in and drive) 1914cc motor with all the bells and whistles for about $3000

Wait what? Im lost now, lol. I was talking about lowering the rear of the car with a lifted/narrowed transaxle.

Back