question on b18b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xcivicdx

hey guys im thinkin of purchasing a b18b because of its cost which is not alot and in the future im gonna turbo it maybe... well i have a few questions on where to buy this swap... im a lil iffy on the junk yard stuff.. i found a few sites but the best on i found which was www.jspecauto.com has the complete swap for 1300.. has anyone ever delt with this company? anyone have any other suggestions??? also is there a big difference if its usdm or jdm? will the wiring be the same like it is for the usdm which is ust plug and play.. I drive a 94 civic dx... thanx for your help

I personally like stripyards because you can see what your buying and usually get I better price,plus you can take everything to make sure you get the whole swap.If you want a b18b look for a 94-95 teg,same obd as your car.Or if you can only find a 96-00 then get that and I'm sure the wiring will be worth it.

yeh i just recently got a motor from jspecauto.com, I ordered it last week,and it should be here soon. It $1300 for the engine plus $350 for shipping, and $75 extra for the shift linkage.... so it came to a total of $1825..... AND IT BETTER BE WORTH EVER PENNY, OR ILL BE REALLY PISSED :angry:

Depending on what you got and what your putting it into,you should be pretty impressed.

Originally posted by jdm92hb@Dec 25 2002, 06:25 PM
i'm swapping a b18b1(a 99) into my 92 dx i a week or so.

And the moral of the story boys and girls is.......?

Its not difficult to run 12's on a stock ls with a bolt on turbo kit. Ive seen it done tons of times. Show me a n/a gsr that will run 12's for anywhere near the amount of money of a ls and a turbo kit.

jdm92hb, if you have any questions regarding the obd2 ls swap into the obd1 civic, pm me...ive done the exact same swap 3 weeks ago.

jspecauto are a bunch of flakes. i highly suggest you go elsewhere.
Ls/t owns

What Turbo kit do you guys recommend I was thinking about the fmax kit but I dont really like secondary injectors, the drag kit doesnt look like it is of the highest quality, anyone know of a kit that is just turbo, header, piping, intercooler. and I can add the fuel seperate? I want a turbo that will give me reliable low 13's possibly high 12's with the usual bolt ons and full exhaust, I was thinking of running the hondata ecu. This is a daily driven car though so I dont want a turbo so huge I get massive turbo lag.

Originally posted by SolReaver@Dec 25 2002, 07:49 PM
Its not difficult to run 12's on a stock ls with a bolt on turbo kit. Ive seen it done tons of times. Show me a n/a gsr that will run 12's for anywhere near the amount of money of a ls and a turbo kit.

GSR N/A with ZEX N20.

LS owns you, Turbo it, then it owns all
get a Honda or die by Honda
97 Del Sol si
Ls motor.... soon to be a domestic eating machine
fully gutted :blink:

Originally posted by BrainFood@Dec 31 2002, 07:46 AM
What Turbo kit do you guys recommend I was thinking about the fmax kit but I dont really like secondary injectors, the drag kit doesnt look like it is of the highest quality, anyone know of a kit that is just turbo, header, piping, intercooler. and I can add the fuel seperate? I want a turbo that will give me reliable low 13's possibly high 12's with the usual bolt ons and full exhaust, I was thinking of running the hondata ecu. This is a daily driven car though so I dont want a turbo so huge I get massive turbo lag.

Wrong forum.

Back