Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

autodoc03

Just a quick couple of questions...I recently bought a 1987 CRX with the 1.5 engine (carb'ed) #1 will body mods such as tail lights & headlights would fit on the 87...I keep seeing 88-91 but was wondering if those would fit.

#2 what computers are the best for a B16 swap...I have read some posts that include some of the production codes but since I'm new to imports I'm not sure what cars these came from.

All most nothing from the 2nd gen (88-91) rex's will fit on a 1st gen (84-87) the 2nd gen are 2" wider and 4 " longer also the lights are different.It is very different without being to different. :D

For the ECU question,the p30 is good,to find out what ecu's,came in what cars,with what motors check out the reference section.

ok..1 more question....since I would like to swap a b16 into the car...would the 87 trans be a bolt up affair or would I also need a trans as well?

u need alot more than trans. u need mounts and alota stuff, axels, integra rear engine mount, umm, 1st gen CRX's are hard to get 1st gen b16's in, it isnt the funnest swap but can be done. u need axels engine tranny shiftlinkage ecu,umm i dont even know, thats just the basics someone else help me out getting a list of stuff together for this 1.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Feb 4 2003, 01:10 AM
1st gen CRX's are hard to get 1st gen b16's in, it isnt the funnest swap but can be done. u need axels engine tranny shiftlinkage ecu...

HAsport makes and sells EVERYTHING you need to do the swap as painlessly as possible.Your biggest problen is going to be going from a carbed engine to fuel injection.Check out HAsport call em up after looking at their website and ask any further questions.

Back