Regular upkeep

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You can buy a Walbro 190lph fuel pump for around $90-100. You like just had the same question I did, "but, won't that be too much fuel?" Nope, that's what the fuel pressure regulator (FPR) is for.
:werd: and walbros are everywhere.

ps i was always told fuel pumps either work or fail spectacularly. they don't halfway work. my advice on keeping your rex happy: clean out the injection system and fuel system regularly. fresh air filter every 6 months. oil at 3,000 on the dot, and use the high mileage oil. and drive it with respect and balls. lugging hondas is a bad deal.

wow, this actually answered a lot of questions I had, like for example I still wasn't sure how often a fuel filter needed to be changed, I figured that would be a big one, so every 3 years? I figured it would be more often than that. I think I should just shell out for a manual....except I have a hybrid, so I would need like 2 manuals. Of course I always have Hondaswap to answer my questions. :thumbsup:

and it is good practice to do both filter and pump at the same time.

K, cool. I have a Chilton's manual. It's a really fat book, not the ones at the auto parts stores and shit. I've looked in there, but I just wanted to know if there was any secrets I was missing out on lol.

Lol, oh I thought you were talking about what Tuner said. I guess they said kinda the same thing for different things.

Fuel pumps do not need to be changed every three years. There are more problems with sending units than the pump in general. I've seen bad floats, sending units, lines etc. Pumps rarely go, especially in Hondas. If your car is old as hell and has fuel issues, I would replace injectors before I would do a fuel pump. Other upkeep would be fuel filter, air filter, flush the cooling system and replace the thermostat once a year (what I do), Make sure my catalytic converter is working up to par (NOX), plugs, wires, distributor cap/rotor, alternator/battery and wiring, timing belt/tensioner and so forth. Just take in a lot about your car and try to keep up on the preventative maintainence and it will last you a long time.

Also check gaskets periodically, usually with every oil change. Valve cover gasket, head gasket, oil pan gasket and so forth. Make sure your radiator hoses aren't cracking or swelling and keep your battery terminals nice and clean.

watch out for so called walbro pumps on ebay, there not walbro pumps and are crap.

sorry i didn't clarify, i live in phoenix, where 120 degree days are the norm in the summer. so in my little slice of heaven (or....), heat does kill pumps. my ef is on it's third, with a fourth going in as soon as i get her swap all buttoned up.

Back