removing the intake mani?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MthaFuknGreen

Green on the scene.
so i need to replace the main gasket on the intake manifold, the one between the block and the manifold.
how do i go about removing the intake manifold?
i plan on doing this tomorrow, so quick replies would be helpful.

putty knife, and scotch bright... make sure you blow out the ports after your done... would hate to suck that shit into your engine

:werd: .. just unbolt it.. unhook any sensors, vacuum lines(remember what goes where), unbolt outward->in

when bolting it back on, start ont he inside and tighen outward

the upper nuts were easy as fuck to get off, its the lower ones im having troubles with..
if i remove the oil filter to make room so i can reach the nuts better, wont hella oil leak out?

you dont need to remove the oil filter.. just need a swivel extension

i dont have a universal joint.
the job was easier than i thought it would be.
i took the top part of the manifold and the fuel rail and shit which made getting to the top nuts much easier.
2 of the three gaskets were fucked, the two largest ones. i didnt check the smaller one cuz i dont have that one to replace anyway.

my car definitely runs a lot smoother, but i can only get it to idle at like 1500 without dying.
whenever it goes below 1000, it sounds like its gonna die.
i adjusted the idle and the fast idle thermo valve. it idles steady, but still idles lower when in drive then when in park.
what should i do next?

I think it's supposed to idle slightly lower in drive than park. but it shouldn't be at 1500. Maybe 700-900. Sounds like you may have a vacuum leak.

well, when i turn down the idle or tighten the FITV all the way, it idles closer to 700, but then it just dies.

It means that your throttle position isn't calibrated and your ignition timing is off. How are you "turning down the idle"?

i dont have a universal joint.
the job was easier than i thought it would be.
i took the top part of the manifold and the fuel rail and shit which made getting to the top nuts much easier.
2 of the three gaskets were fucked, the two largest ones. i didnt check the smaller one cuz i dont have that one to replace anyway.

my car definitely runs a lot smoother, but i can only get it to idle at like 1500 without dying.
whenever it goes below 1000, it sounds like its gonna die.
i adjusted the idle and the fast idle thermo valve. it idles steady, but still idles lower when in drive then when in park.
what should i do next?

2 of 3 gaskets??? smaller one? whaaaa???

It means that your throttle position isn't calibrated and your ignition timing is off. How are you "turning down the idle"?
fucking with the idle screw and the FITV.
2 of 3 gaskets??? smaller one? whaaaa???
redgasket.jpg

thats the third gasket that i was talking about.

I'm fairly certain you're supposed to unplug the throttle position sensor before adjusting the idle speed.

it was already unplugged.

where is the system checker harness?
i cant find it, im looking right next to the ecu.
is it plugged into something?

Back