revlimiter!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stivic

I have a JDM B18C GSR swap in my Civic, Im running a P72 and its suppose to redline at or around 8200 I believe, wel mine wont make it past 7k...I tried swapping ECUs with my friends he has the same swap in the same car as me but he has the OBDII to OBd1 conversion kit, anyway both our ECUs were OBd1(except his were a little bigger and had AM instead of AS like my P72 has on them) not sure what AM and AS stand for but he has his stock P72 and a spoon P72 which lets him rev out to like 10k I tried both of them in my car but neither of them rev'd past 7k. So my problem may not be the ECU it may be wiring

I did the swap myself its not throwing any codes I hooked up the knock sensor like the diagram told me to in the right pinout and everything my vtec works fine, engine has full power but just cant rev past 7k Does anyone know what I may have forgotten to wire up or something??

Some guy I know had a problem with his H22 swap he couldnt rev to the normal limit either his problem was I cant remember he either didnt have a vtec pressure switch or it wasnt hooked up but he fixed that and now it lets him rev to where its suppose to... If thats my problem as well why dont I see any CELs on and what can i do to check or fix this

if you have a redline of 7000 then your vtec is not popin and you need to rewire it. had same prob. its only 2 wires(vtec, iab) depending on where you put your ground.

Originally posted by PhyRe@May 20 2005, 01:24 PM
if you have a redline of 7000 then your vtec is not popin and you need to rewire it. had same prob. its only 2 wires(vtec, iab) depending on where you put your ground.
[post=501732]Quoted post[/post]​

secondaries kick in at 4400 or so like their suppose to so my tach isnt off... you may be right about the IABs I dont think i wired them when i did the swap I did do the knock sensor though, Shouldnt I have a CEL on or something if it was IAB though

Originally posted by stivic@May 21 2005, 04:08 AM
secondaries kick in at 4400 or so like their suppose to so my tach isnt off... you may be right about the IABs I dont think i wired them when i did the swap
[post=501893]Quoted post[/post]​

Um, secondaries are the non technical name for the, Intake Air Bypass, the second set of intake butterflies.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+May 21 2005, 02:14 AM-->
@May 21 2005, 04:08 AM
secondaries kick in at 4400 or so like their suppose to so my tach isnt off... you may be right about the IABs I dont think i wired them when i did the swap

Um, secondaries are the non technical name for the, Intake Air Bypass, the second set of intake butterflies.
[post=501926]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats right maybe they're staying open instead of closing like their suppose to, will that cause me to have an early revlimiter, I hear and feel them kick in at 4400 but i dont notice a difference and like 5600 when the 2nd vtec is suppose to hit or maybe the first Vtec hits at 4400 and *secondaries* hit at 5600 which i dont feel so maybe my IAB isnt hooked up right????

Originally posted by stivic+May 21 2005, 07:20 AM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 21 2005, 02:14 AM
stivic
@May 21 2005, 04:08 AM

[post=501926]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats right maybe they're staying open instead of closing like their suppose to, will that cause me to have an early revlimiter, I hear and feel them kick in at 4400 but i dont notice a difference and like 5600 when the 2nd vtec is suppose to hit or maybe the first Vtec hits at 4400 and *secondaries* hit at 5600 which i dont feel so maybe my IAB isnt hooked up right????
[post=501958]Quoted post[/post]​

:huh:

2nd VTEC? Shit man. You gotta wait untill at least the third or fourth VTEC to kick in fool! :lol:

The VTEC engages at 4400 RPMS. Your IABs open at around 5600. Either your tach is screwed, or you have a wiring problem. Or VTEC solenoid maybe? I'm not really sure, but I know it's not your ECU.

OR your 2nd VTEC. :p

Back