Rot is sorry

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think you have a little too much wire speed
but otherwise good looking welds

Got some more work done today...

The rotis is now 90% done.

All that is left is to measure the lower center bar, find a way to connect it, cut, and drill hole. Then fab up the rear mounting piece to the bumper supports. Then clean up the garage...and make room to bring a car in.

:p

more pics... welds are getting better. :twisted:

DSC02469.JPG

DSC02470.JPG

DSC02471.JPG

DSC02472.JPG

DSC02473.JPG

DSC02474.JPG

DSC02475.JPG

DSC02476.JPG

DSC02477.JPG

DSC02478.JPG

DSC02479.JPG

DSC02480.JPG

DSC02481.JPG

DSC02482.JPG

DSC02470.JPG

any guess what the rating on the two bolts in the box tubing? Just want to be sure it can hold the weight without sheering.

they were rated for 300 lbs,......so then I welded them shut....so they should be good for anything now.

they were rated for 300 lbs,......so then I welded them shut....so they should be good for anything now.
I wouldn't expect it to change the shear strength of the bolt, or are you talking about welding the plate to the box tubing?

I wouldn't expect it to change the shear strength of the bolt, or are you talking about welding the plate to the box tubing?

Thats what I would do, that plate doesnt have to come off the square stock.

You could just add some square tubing to the bottom and utilize all four bolts. Then you could still use the other piece for engines/trans.

Btw, flux core wire isnt easy to weld with at all. We use it to weld plates to FP&L power line poles, and when we get new welders, they have hell with it on their first time. When you learn to use it though, its some bad ass stuff. o.o

I didn't get as much done today as I thought I would... :( so that means more work tomorrow :(

It looks like I might have to tweek the stand a little bit more. :evil: and weld some tabs or plates to pick up two more mounting spots on the cars frame.

And then clean up the mess, and get the car a little lighter by taking off the doors, hood, hatch, wheels...etc.

DSC02483.JPG

DSC02484.JPG

DSC02485.JPG

DSC02486.JPG

DSC02487.JPG

DSC02488.JPG

DSC02489.JPG

DSC02490.JPG

question though, you've done a great job of making this stand, but.. how are you going to jack the car high enough for you to set it on the stands with comfort? I mean, its not like a engine where you just pick it up grunt and stick it right on. unless you have a nice sized lift in your back pocket?

one of these would be nice :D

Two Post Car Lift by Dannmar

Last edited:
With the help of 3 other people...we all made some progress today....I'll go into details after I can walk...I'm dead...

DSC02491.JPG

DSC02492.JPG

DSC02493.JPG

DSC02494.JPG

DSC02495.JPG

DSC02496.JPG

DSC02497.JPG

DSC02498.JPG

lookin good :thumbsup:

and i like your play on words

Back