Rot is sorry

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thats alot of work and what if you can get a good weld cause the rust is to deep, you may have a bum deal there buddy where is the car from?

and if you have a good shell why not swap some stuff and do side work on that shitty shell? I use to do welding for a living and you have a good 4-7 days of stright work there depends on how good and devoted you are. Is there any bad body panels?

car was local for a long time....never saw salt or snow...it's just the poor metal from the era.....

And looking and poking the shell some more....I'm finding way too much rot...in too many critical areas....:(

Soo much rot, that the car isn't even worth it...or safe anymore...even if it was fully rebuilt with new metal...

Hate to say it...but ...

I'm going to send it to the junkyard...:(

Going to spend the rest of the day crying while I strip it of any good parts.... :bye2::rip_1::cry:....

Damn man, that really sucks. Saw the pics in the other thread, looked like it was really clean too =/

So, you got another project lined up, or whats going on?

Just swap everything over to the brown Z, then in the fall, strip it down and start it's resto to take the RB25det...and more parts I find....

I'm actually glad that pickles didn't buy the brown Z from me...

I'm glad now too. If things hadn't worked out they way they did, you might have wound up dead in a ditch somewhere because the monocoque rusted through under the paint while you were driving.

The brown Z is in better shape for the RB. It makes me sad to see a Z-car get scrapped, but oh well, it's how the cards fall.

Back