S2K = F-Series....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MugenCRX

So do you think that you could potentially bolt an F or H series tranny to the F20C and swap it in a FWD of sorts?? Or is the F20C the Black Sheep of F-series motors like the B20's that came in the Preludes are to B-series??
:blink:

pissedoffsol said:
its not. the bellhousing is not the same shape

Yah, but if the bolt pattern for the bellhousing is the same then it would be easy to swap the bellhousings, i think it is possible to do this swap, but more interesting would be a hybrid f22 f20 conversion.

theyre different. rwd transmissions have bellhousings that is "seperate" from the gearbox, while our FWD cars, the bellhousing is the other half of the gearbox casing. The FWD setup keeps the transmission compact.

prototype racing tried something like that for the Lotus', but ended up just sticking to a K20. It's possible though; this guy over here put a B-series transmission on his H22 by cutting the flange off of the H transmission and welding it to the B transmission. I don't know how reliable it is though, as he never really pushed it after he got that done.

There are a few companies now that make adapter kits to run B series transmissions on H series engines so you don't have to cut/weld, but I doubt that you're going to see a conversion kit for the F2xC. I know for a fact that the S2k engine has been adapted to a FWD setup (saw it in person), but I can't tell you much about it. :) :) :)

Back