Sacramento anyone?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTEC_CBR

As I stated in the poll about your boss, mine is way cool, and he's taking me to go work at a dealership in Sacramento. His brother is building a dealership, and he's going to be GM and wants me to go sell. Anyway, he's cool cuz he told me not to look for an apartment cuz he's gonna buy a nice house with a small house behind it to rent to me for way cheap (fresh prince of bel air anyone?) To make a long story short, I'm moving to Sacramento at the end of August, but I've never been there, if anyone here is from there or even has been there... what's it like? what is there to do?

lucky you. I love california and hope to move there some day.
hit up droppedcrxsi, hes from around that area.
also his forum that he has is pretty much everyone from california
www.norcalcrx.org
bunch of good people that you could ask about cali.

thanx guys, man, i'm excited, gonna make soo much money.

Im about 30 mins north sacramento, but I'm down there often for school.
There's quite a bit to do in sacramento, it really just depends on what you are in to. The downtown area is really interesting and the Crest theatre offers all kinds of shows. A few years back I got to see Mr. Show over there and it was awesome. Al Franken was also broadcasting his radio show there last week. It also usually shows plenty of art house fims as well.
I'm not terribly farmilliar with the music scene, but I know there is one. There used to be an awesome nintendo-core band that was around, but I havn't heard anything about them in a while.
Nice thing is that even if you can't find anything to do in Sacramento, San Francisco is only an hour away. If you have any more questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Originally posted by Blanco@May 27 2005, 03:50 AM
Sacramento can be summed up in two words. Glorified cowtown.

:p
[post=504232]Quoted post[/post]​

haha thanks, well at least it's not too far from san francisco, so when i get my STi this fall i can take it to Shiv at Vishnu for the tune. and it seems like lake tahoe is also like an hour away for skiing.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 26 2005, 11:44 AM
b16 is around upstate area there...
[post=503989]Quoted post[/post]​

I went to school in Sac. I'm down in the South Bay area now, near San Jose. I still head up there every so often :)
I really didn't like sac though, there isn't much out there.

Sac's not all that bad. Just really arid and hot. And most of the women are inbre.... wait. nevermind. :D

I live about 45 minutes south in the East-Yay area.
Ferrarikiller lives up there.
Shit, I thought Mike (b16) did, untill I just read that he lives down by San Jose now?
There are a few other guys around that area that I can't remember right now...

As far as what to do.....

Lot's of racing. Lots.
Other than that all there is to do is get hammered and fuck, or come out to the east bay, or San Fransisco. :p Actually, I hear the bar/club scene isn't bad up there, but what the fuck do I know?

Hit me up when you move up here and I'll show ya around. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by B16+May 27 2005, 09:56 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@May 26 2005, 11:44 AM

I went to school in Sac. I'm down in the South Bay area now, near San Jose. I still head up there every so often :)
[post=504342]Quoted post[/post]​

i know what you mean... we moved to sac for a while, now we're back in san jose. are you stalking me? jk jk

sac is not glorified cowtown... it's cowtown. just like los banos and it's friends fresno and merced.

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel+May 29 2005, 08:27 AM-->
Originally posted by B16@May 27 2005, 09:56 AM
pissedoffsol
@May 26 2005, 11:44 AM

[post=504342]Quoted post[/post]​

i know what you mean... we moved to sac for a while, now we're back in san jose. are you stalking me? jk jk

[post=504972]Quoted post[/post]​

;)

ah, yes, but it wasn't always... san francisco was, therefore making it gay.

or was it going to be, but it wasn't passed? eh, i do know that they moved the capital from somewhere to Sacramento at some point.

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@May 30 2005, 03:16 PM
ah, yes, but it wasn't always... san francisco was, therefore making it gay.

or was it going to be, but it wasn't passed? eh, i do know that they moved the capital from somewhere to Sacramento at some point.
[post=505381]Quoted post[/post]​

It was moved from Benicia to Sacramento

Back