Sad story

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

at the end of it all... its all about the legacy and memories that you leave behind with those who knew you.
it sounds as if your father left good ones with you and those who knew him
while his physical time here may have been somewhat brief, his memory and legacy will always stay with you and those who knew him, and that is immortal.

Sorry to hear about your loss. My father died when I was 21, and it was a complete surprise. My great uncle died 3 days later, and my aunt died of cancer a week after my father died. Its a big shock.
Things will be tough for a while. Just make sure you are there for your mother and family.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Have faith, and you will be reunited.

I was with my neighbor(longtime family friend) when he passed 4 years ago this leap year and I always feel him with me. My mom recently was in the hospital for a elongated stay for pancreas problems and the whole time she thought someone was with her sitting there, and I kept telling her we were alone. She was in incredible pain at the time and couldn't open her eyes, but still felt the presence and swears we weren't alone, and at that I believe we weren't.

Sorry to hear about the loss. I lost my grandfather to cancer, doctors found cancer in my uncle when he passed at 36 and I was born with cancer first operation was at 9 months, again at 4 years old and last one when I was 15.

Holy crap man, thats a story :) Glad you pulled thru with a story to tell.

Another note, I think Ive seen a vid of your car before. The gauge pod looks familiar as hell.

Wow, sorry to hear about your loss. I can say I know how it feels, and how hard it is. I lost my father at 17. My mom and him were divorced and I didn't know him very well, but being that I was almost 18, I wanted to really make an effort to go see him when i was going to graduate high school. I found out about 3 days after he died, on xmas eve.

Stay strong man, good luck.

That was a really moving story... I'm sorry about your loss. It really made me think about how lucky I am to still have most of my family still in my life.

This sounds a lot like how my grandfather went. Cancer, no option to transplant, didn't suffer long. And like you said, I wish I spent more time with him. My grandfather was diagnosed in 96' and given three months. He died in 2000. I'm glad for the extra time we had but after that period of time I really thought he had beat it.

Then there was my friend Shaun from my profile. He was actually a cancer survivor. His brother put it best, "It's hard to keep your faith when he went through all the cancer treatment, survived, then he dies in a car accident only a few years later." But like you said about your father, the whole wake if he had sat up we wouldn't have been surprised, he pulled shit like that all the time.

Again, sorry to hear and best of wishes to you and yours.

Last edited:
Thanks guys :) Lots of good stories actually. Makes me appreciate having him for as long as I did. Definately makes me appreciate the few moments we got alone. Thinking about it, a lot of people die suddenly and dont get the chance I had. :)

Thanks guys :) Lots of good stories actually. Makes me appreciate having him for as long as I did. Definately makes me appreciate the few moments we got alone. Thinking about it, a lot of people die suddenly and dont get the chance I had. :)
:werd: you did a good thing here, sharing your story. opened a lot of people up, and sharing helps put this life in perspective. go do something your dad enjoyed when you wanna feel close. you were your dad's dream. how often do we get to see our dreams play out before our eyes. it's pretty cool when there's a healthy relationship like what it sounds like you two had.

big hugs.

Back