si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bjoebright14

i have a 1991 crx si and i am going to put a intake on it.whats the main difference between cold air intake and short ram intake?which is better?

short it will sound better and where i am i dont want it to suck water in it lol.short intake is suppose to get better throttle response do they look good?

aem-v6short.jpg

no and no.
thats a short ram.
i just googled short ram and that picture came up.
cold air intakes have longer pipes.

they call this one a cold air intake but i thought a cold air kinda goes past the battery and kind curves towards the ground right?but they say one like you showed me is.the one im getting is way smaller than that one you showed me.

right and thats why im getting a short intake. cause i would rather have better throttle response. if the filter sits at the bumper less air flow but colder air.thats why i was wondering which was better.

if you had a turbo, id think cold air would be better..
but like you said, if you sucked some water up there, you might freeze your engine.

that was my next question sme people say cold air is better for a turbo and others say short is better

that was my next question sme people say cold air is better for a turbo and others say short is better

yeah, because cold air has smaller molecules meaning its denser, and the point of a turbo is to compress air, so itll take that and compress it even more.

coolso the people that say a short intake is better for a turbo does not know what they are talking about?lol

Back