single and need advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

but your daughter isn't fine without him. put aside whatever beef you both have with each other. once you guys aren't mad or acting against each other because you're mad at each other, your daughter will benefit.

just so you know, i have 2 kids... by 2 different dads. My husband wanted a divorce so now I have 2 children and they're confused about their life more than I am. The best thing you can do is love your daughter (not like you don't, but you know what I mean) and continue to try to keep getting in touch with That Guy... he is a father and he needs to step up and be one while he's not playing around with other women.

If you want to talk, I'm here... it does help just to complain... and there's a few people on this board who will tell you I'm a good listener... Your daughter is still young. You have much to teach her as she grows. Right now, the hardest part is keeping up on the laundry... but later it will be a LOT more. Mainly teaching your daughter that it is NOT ok for a man to come and go from her life as he chooses. How ThatGuy treats her is how she will allow other men to treat her later on. (End Dr. Phil moment)

Good luck, hun.

keep your head up, you'll be fine. Sounds like you have the help of family and friends, so your off to a good start.
ya they are really helping me right now.

Hopefully he'll stay in the child's life.

Thatguy, for being immature and running out on you. He has a history of doing so, therefore, "you can't make a ho into a housewife."

There's plenty to be scared of in this world, a good fear and knowledge that you can better yourself and your child's life is healthy. Make sure you file for child support in Thatguy isn't going to voluntarily support and be in the life of the child he helped create.

ya he says he wants to. so who knows.

LOL NOW THATS FUNNY!!

well for right now he says that he will help out with the baby and all the stuff that she needs, im trying to just do it in good faith that he will follow through with his word and not file. bad idea????

but your daughter isn't fine without him. put aside whatever beef you both have with each other. once you guys aren't mad or acting against each other because you're mad at each other, your daughter will benefit.

just so you know, i have 2 kids... by 2 different dads. My husband wanted a divorce so now I have 2 children and they're confused about their life more than I am. The best thing you can do is love your daughter (not like you don't, but you know what I mean) and continue to try to keep getting in touch with That Guy... he is a father and he needs to step up and be one while he's not playing around with other women.

If you want to talk, I'm here... it does help just to complain... and there's a few people on this board who will tell you I'm a good listener... Your daughter is still young. You have much to teach her as she grows. Right now, the hardest part is keeping up on the laundry... but later it will be a LOT more. Mainly teaching your daughter that it is NOT ok for a man to come and go from her life as he chooses. How ThatGuy treats her is how she will allow other men to treat her later on. (End Dr. Phil moment)

Good luck, hun.
ya you really make sense. I dont have much hard feelings towards him. i guess i always knew that he wasnt ready to grow up, ya and i dont plan on cutting him out of her life i know that my dad ment alot to me and i wouldnt want to take that from her. LOL thanks its really nice to know that there is someone that i can just vent to. thats exactly what i want her to learn its not ok! my dad was there everyday everynight thats what i would have liked for her to have. THANKS for the advice, it really means a lot to me.

well for right now he says that he will help out with the baby and all the stuff that she needs, im trying to just do it in good faith that he will follow through with his word and not file. bad idea????

IMO bad idea, but if you go to the courts it will cause bad feelings, but at least the courts are (supposed to be) a netural third party. I would take it to court, but thats just me (ask my ex-wife). if you don't want to go to court get something in writing, mutual agreement on paper and a reciept book........document everything. better to plan for the worst and hope for the best. As far as childsupport goes, your are entitled, it's not an if, the only if is how much.

this should be kept to cars and such. i think if she wants to share her personal stuff, you guys should take the to pm's or chat on aim. i don't know if vicky or "thatguy" want everything out in the open.

Good luck, hun.

She's right... She's a great listener... She has helped me out alot... Thanks again... :* and drop me a line when you have a few... Have more venting to do... :mad:

Back