sir b18 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Goldberg

Ok well i have read about as much as i can to learn and be the most educated as i can on the swap i wanna do. I did this so i don't ask hopefully dumb questions. Anyways I wanna swap but at first I wanted to do a lsvtec but now i think i am just gonna use a b18c1 to make it easier. Is this what i should do, my plan is to basically find a gsr block rebuild it (crank redone balanced etc pistons rods 84-86 mm bore) then get the head redone (skunk 2 stage 2 cams and the whole bit :p) and hopefully make a fine N/A built honda motor. Right now the only thing that i can't decide on is the block.
Also i plan on spending quite a bit so i know its gonna cost me. But i also know the owner of a machine shop in my town. Well i think thats all and thanks in advance. Also i would just like to say great site guys bar far one of the best i have found so far.

yeah thats what i want to do. I plan on getting the gsr block building it up, then parking the car selling the old block and redoing the head and puting back together. But the gsr block that works best for my car is 95+ right?

Any GSR block from 1994-2001 is ok for your build up....BTW what type of car do you have?

2000 civic sir but dont' i need the 95-2000 cause of the obd or is it fine since i am just using the block. Do you guys think its best for me to run the gsr or maybe and ls or crvtec?

Back