so my teg sounds like a subaru

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 90 LS and he other night i was driving home after it had rained really really hard and my car started sound different and feel different. The sound can only be described as similar to a subaru with a forceful leak (if that makes sense) the car idles and as it always has and i dont hear the sound at idle. However it is definately there when i drive or rev and there is a noticable decrease in power and the smell of the exhaust is strong like an old V8 (which i love just not on my teggy)

Yes i have a CAI w/ a bypass
the car starts fine everytime
i checked the plugs and they were blistered like a intake leak or bad timing
i put the stock intake back on and changed the plugs but the sound is still there
i want it to be just a exhaust leak where the cat and header meet but could it be something else??

sounds like you got some water in the motor.. i had done that at a spray and wash and it sounded like a Subaru afterwards.. pull the plugs and roll a paper towel up and stick the tip into the cylinder.. if there is water the paper towel will soak it up..

how long should i leave it in? when i pulled the plugs i had someone turn it over to see if any water was coming out but i didnt see any tho the #4 cylinder looked wet. but ill try it and also do you think dry gas would help get any the towel doesnt? or is that just for fuel lines?

shove the paper towel as far in there as you can.. to where you can still pull it out.. repeat for all cylinders.. it'll soak up the majority of the water.. then drive the car to dry it off in there...

Back