Some B20 VTEC questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

adnoh

Hey guys,

Throwin around the idea of turning my JDM B16A into a moderately built B20 VTEC. Have some questions regarding compression ratios.

If I run the following OEM pistons, what would be my approximate compression ratio with a single head gasket?

1. ITR pistons
2. CTR pistons
3. My B16A SiRII pistons

Thanks...I'm a noob to the CRV/LS VTEC thing, so bare with me!

You can not use ITR, CTR, PR3, P30, PR4 pistons in the B20. The B20 has 84mm bore where-as the ITR (all other B series) have 81mm.

Also since you said "mildly built" B20Vtec, you may as well hit up arias or wiseco for forged pistons and eagle for forged rods. Not to mention you should get the block sleeved because if you raise compression, the stock sleeves will die.

Otherwise, sitck the head on the block and dont expect to rev higher than 7200 (stock red line)...

b20vtec.com best bet for information.

Oh......for some reason, I think I knew that already...

So B18 Block it is!

Sooo......lets revise this question a tad....

Same question as above, but LS block instead of CRV block....!

And I'm not planning on sleeving any block I get...it's just not necessary for my power goals, and not to mention, out of my budget.

Thanks though...

No, the stock sleeves will NOT die with higher compression. I've said it a million times- the B20 blocks are NOT made of glass. You can run pretty much any naturally aspirated setup and quite a few boosted setups with the stock B20 sleeves without any issues.

Would it be more useful if I were to start a new thread, stating power goals, plans, budget, ect...?

Back