srt4 intercooler in EF?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

disableddan

Crazy Insane
Hey all,
I have a local guy selling a stock srt4 intercooler, I am trying to find some decnt pictures of one mounted in an EF. All I have read is that the radiator needs to be moved over for it to fit... is this true? I'd like to just cut some extra holes for the plumbing to run into the bumper and not have to mess with anything else (like moving the rad :D)

Thanks!

Anyone? I have the full size rad in my ef not the half-rad like some people use for clearance... According to google search the srt4 ic is 24.5" wide (apparently not including the end tanks?) And that would make it very close to fitting...

I could only find one pic of an srt4 ic in a 4g and it was a pretty crappy pic. Any help/links/info would be appreciated!!

I have a full sized rad and it is approximately 27.5" wide... unfortunately, the srt4 intercooler's inlet/outlet pipes are only 26.5" apart :( So I either need to get a smaller rad or get the end tanks rewelded assuming I buy the thing.

^In case anyone else is wondering I guess...

Thanks man!! "Andrews Build" has the most information on this out of anywhere I've seen :D
I'm picking up the IC tomorrow and hopefully getting her welded up, I'll post pics when it's all done.
Thanks again!

progress

Ok, I picked up the srt4 intercooler a while back and we finally got around to doing the fab. We completely chopped off the "oval" end tank of the srt4 intercooler, then rebuilt the tank out of the one from the mitsu intercooler and of course using the mitsu inlet (to match the turbo) and also made the distance between the pipes a little over 28", making it a perfect fit around the full-sized rad. It is sporting an"Arctic Customs" paintjob :D

I cut holes inthe sheet metal on either side of the rad to stick the pipes through, but the little mounts on the ic get in the way and I don't have a grinder to remove them at the moment :S Also the front bumper (the actual metal bar that is inside the bumper cover) and the big piece of styrofoam need to be removed for the ic to fit. So,with a little bit of work you can definitely make one fit with a full sized rad.

PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coming soon... interfoolin.... :D

Dayum! That welding job looks... kinda... i dunno...

Hope it doesn't leak man.

hahaha yeah my buddy has welded aluminum only a couple times, but he did a few test passes on a scrap piece to get his welder set up as best he could... I hope it doesn't leak too :D We will have to pressure it up and see. Also this intercooler will never see pressures over about 12 psi anyway so hopefully its ok. :)

Back