Starting Issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecjdm

Basically my car wont start very easily first thing in the morning. I`d have to crank it up some 3 - 4 times before it does.
But then for the whole day it just fires off.

Any comments on what could it be ?
Pretty sure battery is good btw.

I dunno man, try hitting the starter with a rubber mallet a few times, then give it a try. The starter might just not be lined up properly. It happens sometimes.

Originally posted by adnoh@Jul 25 2005, 09:37 AM
I dunno man, try hitting the starter with a rubber mallet a few times, then give it a try. The starter might just not be lined up properly. It happens sometimes.
[post=530707]Quoted post[/post]​

Hmm .. could be, didnt think about it.

But its strange .. its not lining up in the morning ? heh

Anyway, seems Honda has the `Achille`s heel` round about the dizzy and starting.
Grrrr
Sometimes u might change everything, dizzy, starter and all the rest and still get same prob .. :lol:

do you ever smell fuel? You may have a very slow leak in your fuel system.. that would alow air in, and your fuel hoses would drain, taking time to fill up while you're cranking...

tomorrow morning, get in and turn the key on and wait untill the check engine light goes out, then turn it off, turn it back on, wait for the light, turn it off, do that 4-5 times and see if it fires right up.

Just a guess..

Naa .. no fuel smell, and did that trick a couple of times in vain.

I had got a prob long time ago about the dizzy dripping oil from it.
I had takin it apart and still didnt understand how the damn oil was getting inside the dizzy.
I had also changed the 0-ring on the outside where it connects to the camshaft just in case it was dripping between the engine and the dizzy but no.... its 100%sure the oil is gettin in it from the inside.
I didnt see any seal whatsovever inside the dizzy though..
Hell fuck it.

Anyone had this prob ??

Hell today it didnt do it though ... damn, the prob only occurs on chosen days or what ? :blink:
:D

Back