Stroker Kits Worth The Money?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

XZILER8

Are stroker kits worth the money?

I know that's a very broad question, but I'm just curious about what kind of gains can be expected?

The main focus of this is for a h23a1.

What are some sites that I should look into to gain more info on different stroker kits?

Thanks

I was toying with the idea of increasing the bore AND the stroke. As usual, I've got too many projects going at one time, so I'm a long ways off from reaching my goals, but just looking for some info so I can be better educated when the finances are there.

a stroker kit really isnt worth it as an entry level mod
it will help but you will only truely see the benefits on a fully built engine
so unless everything else is in the works as well dont bother for now

I'm writing up a contract on a house today, so If that works out, I'll be driving me prelude as is for quite some time. However, If it falls through I'm lookin at doing a Full build on the engine.

If the engine is out of the car and being built, I'm guessing it would make the most sense to do a stroker kit at the same time as the rest of the work rather than pull the engine again later on down the road. (correct me if I'm wrong)

What exactly is included in most stroker kits? I think its a new crank, rods, pistons, rings. Is there other stuff too?

What kind of money are we talkin about for a H series stroker kit and what kind of gains could I count on if the rest of the engine was fully built.

This car is a pleasure only vehicle. I drive it at most 3-5 times a month. (just to help you understand my goals)

What are some companies that make stroker kits for h series engines?

Thanks for all the help!

Try www.pacmotorsports.com these guys do the stroking. However I wouldnt suggest stroking a prelude engine. "The walls are thin" Anyways, if you wanna see some power then i suggest you sleeve it, bulletproof it and turbocharge it. Youll get the most bang for your buck. Escpecially if youre just a sunday driver.
You could also try lhtperformance.net
Good Luck!!

PS youre lookin at probably 4 large for a stroking.

Back