Swap f22/H23 in Oddy 97

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

despat

Can i put a JDM Honda H23 Accord Prelude DOHC VTEC Euro R 99 engine in to replace my dead non-vtec F22B6 engine in my oddy 97? The eigine comes with ECU, wiring harness and Automatic Transmission. But I don't think I'll have use for the tranny, since my Oddys already got one. Can anyone help me as to the way to go about doing the swap? Thanks

THanks

It should just bolt in. The F and H motors are interchangeable for the most part.

Honestly though, what's the point of this swap? Even with that engine in there, your van is still going to be slow as hell. Why waste a bunch of money on a somewhat rare engine swap for a minivan that's hardly going to benefit from it?

Just throw another F22 in the bay. They're nice and cheap...

Hey why not? add some boost and it should be one hell of a sleeper. Oh wait, autotragic FTL. You might want to look into intake manifold clearance to the firewall. I believe the H22 has a pretty beefy one, and the engine compartments in vans tend to be really cramped.

I'd run the H23 personally. Plenty of torque for the van and you can still upgrade it.

I have a 95' odyssey and thought of doing some kind of swap just to be different but that euro r sounds expensive. I would say f22 turbo or g23

Do it

odysseyswap.jpg

I took the f22 turbo way.

from what i hear it is a really easy swap

I finally decided to go with a T3 Garrett 50trim 48.ar hot/42ar cold with a log manifold. I'll be boosting 3 psi to start with and might go upto 5 psi since I'm on stock. btw, it's a jdm f22b 2.2L engine.

20110904_002.jpg
20110904_004-1.jpg

20110904_001.jpg

Back