swap parts question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1fasthonda

after doing a swap what car do you buy parts for? (i.e. 92 civic with b18c1 out of a GSR integra)
this pertains to things like exhaust, turbo kits. and things like that.. thanks for the help
mike

Exhaust on a GSR swap is pretty much a custom job, as the different lengths neither a Civics or a GSRs is correct. Of course if you buy a ITR header, you'll be fine with a Si exhaust and cat set up, as the ITRs is the right length.

Turbos and other motor parts, you buy for the motor whether or not things like AC or PS is kept depends on the kit, not the car, as the bay are almost identical. Most cold airs for XXXX motor are the same too, with AEMs hybrid series being made to insure all the bolts correctly line up, but mopst can be made to fit with little deviation.

Suspension and chassis products are bought for the chassis, ie EG/EH suspension, by for a EG/EH.

basically you have to buy the parts to match what thier fitting, B18b in an eg, buy a b18 intake/exhaust etc... but as stated, supsention, steering components, even tie rods, match to the chassis not the engine.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 8 2005, 01:57 AM
Exhaust on a GSR swap is pretty much a custom job, as the different lengths neither a Civics or a GSRs is correct. Of course if you buy a ITR header, you'll be fine with a Si exhaust and cat set up, as the ITRs is the right length.
[post=537243]Quoted post[/post]​

the GSR has a shorter header
because of the shorter header, the GSR the cat is longer

Yea, but most swaps don't come with the cats :p

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Aug 9 2005, 03:34 PM-->
@Aug 8 2005, 01:57 AM
[post=537243]Quoted post[/post]​

the GSR has a shorter header
because of the shorter header, the GSR the cat is longer
[post=537947]Quoted post[/post]​

actually e, it still won't work that way. I have used the GSR cat on a GSR header, and it was a good 6inches plus gap between OEM legth EG exhaust and my cat. So I bought a RS header and used my old civic cat.

Back