Swap ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Do I have to take all the wires off the motor to do an enige swap?
Or does the new engine swap come with all the wires?

Originally posted by HondaMan_2002@Jan 20 2003, 07:27 PM
Do I have to take all the wires off the motor to do an enige swap?
Or does the new engine swap come with all the wires?

You have to unplug everything b/c they are part of the wiring harness, which you will most likely use again.

Thanks

Does any one know step by step how to take every thing off the engine so I can take it out to do the swap?

Also do you have to take the tranny out through the bottom and the engine out trough the hood?

Go buy a Helms manual for your car and as you take the wiring off, label it.

If you have an engine hoist tall enough, i wouldn't see your problem taking them out the top. You CAN drop them below and many ppl do. Then again, i haven't ever done a swap yet :-/

yeah you can do it either way, out the top or through the bottom.... dependin on what you have to lift and hoist with... i've never dropped a honda motor through the bottom yet, but i've done other vehicles and you gotta drop the sub frame and it's such a pain in the ass.... i'd take it through the top. pull them both out at the same time, connected.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 21 2003, 07:39 AM
masking tape and markers are your firends :)

They are your best friends.When I did mine I just unplugged the harness at the shock towers and pulled it out with the motor,then side by side looked and transfered it to the new motor.

Back