taking pully off of b series

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

qtmac_mien

is there a easy way to take off a b series pully while the motor is in the car?? i noe one easy way is to use a air gun, but i dont have one and the whole motor is already in the car. any ideas?

i am having the same problem i think mine is over tq'ed if you have the right tool i forgot what it is called but it fits right into the crank and you put a 19mm socket in there and turn counter clockwise and you are good to go!

Originally posted by qtmac_mien@Jan 19 2005, 06:41 PM
do you noe where i can buy that special tool?
[post=448281]Quoted post[/post]​

it's a chain wrench. you can get it any auto store. autozone,checker, etc.

Originally posted by qtmac_mien@Jan 19 2005, 06:41 PM
do you noe where i can buy that special tool?
[post=448281]Quoted post[/post]​

the crank pulley removal tool? only place you can get that from is from your local Honda dealership. i was quoted like $100 for it if i remember correctly.

its called put the car in gear and have a friend hold the brakes then get a good sized breaker bar

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jan 19 2005, 11:38 PM
its called put the car in gear and have a friend hold the brakes then get a good sized breaker bar
[post=448443]Quoted post[/post]​

have someone hold the flywheel with a pry bar, then break the pulley nut loose

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR+Jan 19 2005, 10:40 PM-->
hcivic.com
@Jan 19 2005, 11:38 PM

[post=448469]Quoted post[/post]​

bad idea i ahve seen teeth break off

just buy the tool so that way if you ever need to change the timing belt water pump and so on you have the tool and you can even do the timing belts for your buddys and make some money and call it a day i do it all the time now that i got that tool and a impact wrench

Originally posted by hcivic.com+Jan 20 2005, 01:01 AM-->
Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Jan 19 2005, 10:40 PM
hcivic.com
@Jan 19 2005, 11:38 PM

[post=448469]Quoted post[/post]​

bad idea i ahve seen teeth break off
[post=448479]Quoted post[/post]​

sucks to be you, i've done it hundreds of times, of course now i have air tools

Originally posted by driverunknown@Jan 20 2005, 09:57 AM
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...476070?v=glance

This one works as well. It is really strong and heavy. I used it on my own engine. It was the cheapest one I found, you just need your own 1/2 inch breaker bar.
[post=448581]Quoted post[/post]​

holy shit i wish i would know amzon sold tool i would of bought that one save me almost 50 bucks but what is done is done

Back