The Drama Llama Returns...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

But that's it... it is that easy. It's all in your head. You can't let your memories and experiences with her consume your mind. Think of all the fun times you've had before/after her... throw away everything that reminds her of you. Maybe I'm weird but it's really easy for me to erase someone from my memory. I guess I move on very easily.

I get crushes all the time, And they aren't easily dissipated. That girl that I work with, a few weeks ago I couldn't get her out of my mind. Even if I tried. She'd be in a dream BAM. I would be riding the bike and BAM I'm talking to my helmet about her.

The thing that made it was when I realised that there was nothing I could do to "save her" and bring her into my mix. That happens when said "I don't like bikes".

If it was easy to forget her, she wouldn't have been worth my time in the first place. But anyway, I'm simply going to avoid her until I graduate, we both go to our separate towns, I don't come back to Rowan next fall, it's over.

You may see her do something, she may say something - you may hear a bird chirp and you'll "forget about her".

Your mind (our minds) click into certain modes, and they are tripped off by the slightest things. You may watch a movie on TV and suddenly feel the urge to go see her.

I still haven't forgotten about some girls from like 10 years ago.

You may see her do something, she may say something - you may hear a bird chirp and you'll "forget about her".

Your mind (our minds) click into certain modes, and they are tripped off by the slightest things. You may watch a movie on TV and suddenly feel the urge to go see her.

I hadn't thought about her all last summer, then when I was hospitalized in August she showed up. If I graduate and limit my time at Rowan, I should be fine.

that is very true, funny how the littlest thing can trigger that to.

I think I can thank this thread for my dream last night. I never remember them and when I did they were never about her.

it's like you stepped in dog shit, and it's on your shoe.

OH MAN Oh dammit man, now I'm in love. Shit.

I think I can thank this thread for my dream last night. I never remember them and when I did they were never about her.

I dislike those dreams. I always have sex dreams about the girl I'm trying to get off my mind. I don't have dreams usually, until I finally fall asleep and I want to forget, and I wake up thinking just humping their brains out for no apparent reason.

Cel seriously you can predict the future. Start talking in a Jamaican accent and work a 900 number.

Literally haven't thought about her since I graduated and out of nowhere had a dream about her. Literally woke up pissed off about it and wondering why it happened. Since then she has been popping in my mind randomly. I don't even get along with this girl, let alone want anything from her... what the fuck is my issue?

I thought Meg got me over Ashley, because frankly I'm still stuck on Meg right now. Same reason I don't want to move forward with anything I have right now. I'm stuck. What the fuck is going on with my head?
/rant

Women, they will do that to you.

I find the best thing to do in these situations is to ignore the urge and temptation until it goes away. When I block out my ex with something I enjoy doing or if I submerge myself in work, I don't think all those hurtful and consuming feelings.

You know what might have caused it? About a week ago she unblocked me on AIM. Obviously I thought about her for about 3 seconds and proceeded to block her instead. As I don't want to talk to her, no need to have her sn. But I bet that's what sparked this.

You know what might have caused it? About a week ago she unblocked me on AIM. Obviously I thought about her for about 3 seconds and proceeded to block her instead. As I don't want to talk to her, no need to have her sn. But I bet that's what sparked this.
most likely..its always wierd how life could be good for months on end,then all of a sudden she comes into your life for a second and the next few days are spent thinking of her,,its happened multiple times to me,and this thread makes me think back to my ex:(

I have the same situation... EX of 4 years started talking to me again after 5 months of not seeing each other. This was in March, and I was dating another girl at the time. We talk, had the best sex of my life, and I start to fall for her again. Too much of the past got in the way of a friendship... and it died within 2 months. She started dating another guy right away, and actually got serious.. and I was proud for her. I wanted nothing more than to be happy without me.

Mid July, I heard a song we used to always listen to on a CD. I thought about her for an entire week before I called her. After calling her we catch up that following Monday for a late night acoustic season at a local bar. We did nothing but talk, and be friends, and I had no feelings attached. Next week we kiss, and it goes down hill. She wants to come back to my place and forget about her boyfriend for the night, but I tell her no. The following Monday, we hang out at the bar all night drinking and throwing out starting to date again. She ends up coming back, and hooked up for hours before she left at like 4am.

Now she is starting to feel bad, and when we catch up, she leaves after an hour because she doesn't want to cheat on her boyfriend, but she wants to be back with me in every way possible... even down to a relationship again. It has been on my mind for the past month.... and it sucks. I will never take her back... but the thoughts are still there.

shitty :(

Last edited:
Although I will normally laugh at Injen's comments and rarely will I even provide a response in this situation I completely empathize with his evaluation.

Seeing the messages that you are the wind beneath someone's wings or that they miss you already as you're reading their message they left in your bag as you packed to go on a weekend vacation or text messages that explain how their ideal life would be to wake up next to you for the rest of their life. Seeing the current reality of the situation is haunting.

I have only drank a handful of times over the past year. My ex-girlfriend was a non-drinker and just didn't understand the point of being drunk. I abstained from drinking for the most part due to health reasons and my personal goals.

Fast forward to two weeks ago in Atlantic City. I go out for a guys' night out with my college friends that I haven't seen in awhile. I drink to the point of pass out drunk and apparently text my ex when I'm blacked out. I hadn't thought about her much at all and I didn't realize I texted her until she texted me back the next morning. I apologized for the heartfelt, yet retarded message I sent her in my drunken stuppor and never received a response back. That was the last time we talked. I thought I was over her and she was out of my head, but she's haunted my thoughts since that moment.

I guess it all comes down to optimism and hope. You have to have faith that you will find someone who is right for you. Someone who better meets your needs and expectations and someone for which you meet their every desire. Its hard to imagine that things you once thought were the highlight of your life will be overshadowed by even greater feelings in the future, but you just have to believe that the future will be brighter than the past.

Last edited:
In reference to YouKnowWhoIBee's post>>>>Sounds extremely similar to me and my ex. Except we never dated anyone else. Well she might be now, IDK, and I'm involved in something that's hard to explain. But I don't want to try and be her friend anymore. It always led to sex and feelings. And we just don't work together.

Whatever, the quote I live by at the moment: "Just relax, and go with the flow". Actually got it off something my mother made me read before some job interviews. Applied to my situation with that chick Meg, but generally is how I approach life now.

I have the same situation... EX of 4 years started talking to me again after 5 months of not seeing each other. This was in March, and I was dating another girl at the time. We talk, had the best sex of my life, and I start to fall for her again. Too much of the past got in the way of a friendship... and it died within 2 months. She started dating another guy right away, and actually got serious.. and I was proud for her. I wanted nothing more than to be happy without me.

Mid July, I heard a song we used to always listen to on a CD. I thought about her for an entire week before I called her. After calling her we catch up that following Monday for a late night acoustic season at a local bar. We did nothing but talk, and be friends, and I had no feelings attached. Next week we kiss, and it goes down hill. She wants to come back to my place and forget about her boyfriend for the night, but I tell her no. The following Monday, we hang out at the bar all night drinking and throwing out starting to date again. She ends up coming back, and hooked up for hours before she left at like 4am.

Now she is starting to feel bad, and when we catch up, she leaves after an hour because she doesn't want to cheat on her boyfriend, but she wants to be back with me in every way possible... even down to a relationship again. It has been on my mind for the past month.... and it sucks. I will never take her back... but the thoughts are still there.

shitty :(

You...you....

I've read about your situation in the past. You just need to be stronger and cut ties. I have had some unhealthy relationships in the past - things that began as drunk lust and one night stands and went into unstable open relationships that were misconstrued as something greater - and none meet the level of insanity that your ex-girlfriend/fiance has brought into your life.

If I was closer to you, I would take you out myself and try to find you someone to get over this girl. I don't even know you and I want to help you.

Although I will normally laugh at Injen's comments and rarely will I even provide a response in this situation I completely empathize with his evaluation.

Seeing the messages that you are the wind beneath someone's wings or that they miss you already as you're reading their message they left in your bag as you packed to go on a weekend vacation or text messages that explain how their ideal life would be to wake up next to you for the rest of their life. Seeing the current reality of the situation is haunting.

I have only drank a handful of times over the past year. My ex-girlfriend was a non-drinker and just didn't understand the point of being drunk. I abstained from drinking for the most part due to health reasons and my personal goals.

Fast forward to two weeks ago in Atlantic City. I go out for a guys' night out with my college friends that I haven't seen in awhile. I drink to the point of pass out drunk and apparently text my ex when I'm blacked out. I hadn't thought about her much at all and I didn't realize I texted her until she texted me back the next morning. I apologized for the heartfelt, yet retarded message I sent her in my drunken stuppor and never received a response back. That was the last time we talked. I thought I was over her and she was out of my head, but she's haunted my thoughts since that moment.

I guess it all comes down to optimism and hope. You have to have faith that you will find someone who is right for you. Someone who better meets your needs and expectations and someone for which you meet their every desire. Its hard to imagine that things you once thought were the highlight of your life will be overshadowed by even greater feelings in the future, but you just have to believe that the future will be brighter than the past.
I can empathize with that. Drinking can bring out some dumb, yet true feelings. I haven't really been drinking much lately either. These thoughts aren't even coming out when drunk. I don't know if that makes them suck even more...

Back