The Drama Llama Returns...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You...you....

I've read about your situation in the past. You just need to be stronger and cut ties. I have had some unhealthy relationships in the past - things that began as drunk lust and one night stands and went into unstable open relationships that were misconstrued as something greater
Got to love the drunk lusts and one night stands that turn into relationships...... should have just fucked them and returned them to where you found them.

I can empathize with that. Drinking can bring out some dumb, yet true feelings. I haven't really been drinking much lately either. These thoughts aren't even coming out when drunk. I don't know if that makes them suck even more...

Sober thoughts are that much more awful. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and this girl was the first girl to break up with me without me essentially forcing her to do so. In a way, I guess the way I neglected the relationship at points forced her to break up with me but the last month I certainly did not neglect the relationship. I actually poured my heart into the relationship.

Some of us are people who want to be "fixers". People have scourned women for always trying to find men that they can change and "fix". Turning the bad boy into a good buy also applies to turning the overpriveleged girl into an appreciative and modest girl. I am a "fixer". I don't hit my peak until the relationships starts to head south and then, only then when I almost cannot have the girl, I put on the brakes and try to rescue the relationship. Surest way to get me to care is make me feel as though I can't having something.

Got to love the drunk lusts and one night stands that turn into relationships...... should have just fucked them and returned them to where you found them.

Yeah. I don't tend to scoop up girls at bars or parties. I've only done so, without knowing the girl prior, twice that I can recall. I normally date girls who have only been with one or two guys and are nice, intelligent, contributing human beings.

The one that I speak of finally drew the last straw when she threatened to call the police on me and tell them I hit her because I wouldn't let her drive home drunk after we got in an argument about who was going to get theirs first. She was too drunk and I didn't want her to get hers and then pass out, when I really needed it that night.

I don't try to change girls, just wished I could figure them out for what they are before I got too deep.

Ashley- Thought she was a great girl. She turned 21 and forget it. Whores for friends don't help either.

Meg- Amazing girl. Still don't know how that got fucked up, but I would sure like her to explain it to me.

Cheri- Great girl, great family. I truly have a good time when I'm around either. Just doesn't feel right. Still feels like a rebound/fall back relationship.

Who knows.........

Why do you want a girl to explain to you where it went wrong?

She poisoned the relationship by not wanting you. She chose someone else over you.

I know the feeling intimately.

Perhaps it may have been something he did/said that made her decided to pursue her other options. I am with Slush on this one. I would want to know.

You...you....

I've read about your situation in the past. You just need to be stronger and cut ties. I have had some unhealthy relationships in the past - things that began as drunk lust and one night stands and went into unstable open relationships that were misconstrued as something greater - and none meet the level of insanity that your ex-girlfriend/fiance has brought into your life.

If I was closer to you, I would take you out myself and try to find you someone to get over this girl. I don't even know you and I want to help you.

I have dated... 6-7 other people since the ex. None of those girls have really sparked my interest to take the next step. Most of them want sex... and I give it to them. But I am realizing now that I am never going to find a quality girl at the bar... So I never look for them there anymore.

Oh and you guys have heard the situations I have typed... nothing hurts more than your EX of 4 years getting pregnant by the guy she was cheating on you with.. then getting a smushmortion and asking to date again. When I said no... she screwed another guy the following weekend, and she was so drunk she didnt remember if they used protection... so she looked towards the morning after pill for help.

The girl is a train wreck now... she started out drug free but in the past 10 months she has experimented with coke, bumping adderall, smoking pot, excessive blacking out while drinking, and sleeping with random dudes. She trumped my total of 'after relationship' partners.

I have actually starting 'dating' a girl meet through work. She no longer works on the campus... so I dont have to worry about the drama of work relationships. I am going up her place in 2 weeks for a 4 night stay (2 hours north) so hopefully we hash things out before I come home. The odd thing is.. the ex's boyfriend lives in the same neighborhood >.<

Last edited:
Perhaps it may have been something he did/said that made her decided to pursue her other options. I am with Slush on this one. I would want to know.
Exactly. I don't want her. She chose someone else over me. Instantly not an option to me anymore. I just want to know why.

Unfortunately I am on the same page with you two. This very much explains my situation - the wondering of what went wrong and what caused a girl who lived for me to snap and turn into someone who could push me away and cut me out of her life because something "didn"t feel right." - but that very situation is why I can offer this insight.

Even I know what the situation was, I can never go back and retrace my steps and rectify the situation. Things will forever be different even if we somehow wound up back together. That hope of getting back together as a result of being able to respond to some specific reason why things went wrong is unhealthy in my opinion. I would torture myself wondering why things were this way or that way and it would consume my every living moment.

In the end, shit in one hand and wish in the other... see which one fills up first.

Exactly. I don't want her. She chose someone else over me. Instantly not an option to me anymore. I just want to know why.

Are you sure you believe that?

I tell myself the same thing, but I have yet to believe it entirely. I don't think I could ever take her back, but much of me would love to be faced with that decision. A decision that I would then make on my own terms.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I was to get back with one of my ex's. No so much for the way things were before it ended, but for the sake of having that "togetherness" again.

I am a strong believer that people end up staying in a relationship because it's "comfortable" and they have based their lives on having that one person around. I am NOT saying that people do this and there are no exceptions to it. I am referring more towards the people that have a rough relationship but don't really end it. I know I tend to be like that. The spark is gone, but there is still something there.

Which comes down to the aspects of love. To love someone is one thing, but to be in love with someone is something completely different. I think people don't realize the difference until it is either too late, or don't want to accept the change.

I have dated... 6-7 other people since the ex. None of those girls have really sparked my interest to take the next step. Most of them want sex... and I give it to them. But I am realizing now that I am never going to find a quality girl at the bar... So I never look for them there anymore.

Oh and you guys have heard the situations I have typed... nothing hurts more than your EX of 4 years getting pregnant by the guy she was cheating on you with.. then getting a smushmortion and asking to date again. When I said no... she screwed another guy the following weekend, and she was so drunk she didnt remember if they used protection... so she looked towards the morning after pill for help.

The girl is a train wreck now... she started out drug free but in the past 10 months she has experimented with coke, bumping adderall, smoking pot, excessive blacking out while drinking, and sleeping with random dudes. She trumped my total of 'after relationship' partners.

I have actually starting 'dating' a girl meet through work. She no longer works on the campus... so I dont have to worry about the drama of work relationships. I am going up her place in 2 weeks for a 4 night stay (2 hours north) so hopefully we hash things out before I come home. The odd thing is.. the ex's boyfriend lives in the same neighborhood >.<

Jesus, man.

Nothing seems to have the spark because you're forcing the situation and trying to replace the girl.

You will never replace her. There will never be anyone the same as her. Even if you were with her, again, she nor yourself would ever be the same again. All your thoughts are things of the past and are no longer a reality.

Give yourself time to be by yourself before you try being with another person. I'm not quite sure if its because I was hurt badly this time around, when I wasn't the one who pulled the trigger, or if its a product of my environment no longer having women around but I have not thought about another girl since the break up.

I have never been by myself for any longer than a 5 week period since I was 17. I've been in and out of relationships or at least had partners the entire duration from 17 to almost 23. Everyone that I've spoke with, everyone who cares for me and has given me advice has told me to learn how to be happy by myself before I try to be happy with someone else. Those people are absolutely right.

If you don't do this, you will forever be in rebound relationships and be left unfulfilled. Hell this was my first real meaningful relationship since I broke up with another girl 2-3 years ago. It took me that long to get over a girl I was with for 4 years and I still don't know if thats completely gone.

You had a fiancee that you lived with and were with for years, its going to take awhile. ...give it time. Just have faith and give it time.

It's happen to me before. In my other thread I mentioned a girl name Katie I just started hooking up with. What I didn't say was that she picked my friend over me about 4 years ago. They broke up and she looked my way. I told her she made my choice for me a few months earlier. Lately I have just been seeing what's up with it and I doubt I would ever date her. But she is a good kisser. Just going with the flow...

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I was to get back with one of my ex's. No so much for the way things were before it ended, but for the sake of having that "togetherness" again.

I am a strong believer that people end up staying in a relationship because it's "comfortable" and they have based their lives on having that one person around. I am NOT saying that people do this and there are no exceptions to it. I am referring more towards the people that have a rough relationship but don't really end it. I know I tend to be like that. The spark is gone, but there is still something there.

Which comes down to the aspects of love. To love someone is one thing, but to be in love with someone is something completely different. I think people don't realize the difference until it is either too late, or don't want to accept the change.

Exactly. The passion and flame died out on my four year relationship because I was young and had roaming eyes.

My last relationship ended because I became so comfortable with the girl that the tension, the flame, the lust... it died out for her.

I firmly believe that being "in love" is an unsustainable chemical reaction. I don't think its possible to feel the lovey dovey way that I felt about the two girls I ever loved in my life for an infinite amount of time. Thats hard to cope with but doesn't mean that just because its not a burning fire of love, that you are no longer in love with someone.

Hollywood and romance stories have poisoned all of our brains.

Although my advice is heartfelt and as accurate as I can possibly conceive the information, don't listen to me. I'm a hypocrite.

I still check my cell phone impulsively expecting to see a text message from her, realizing she made a mistake and she wants me back.

That hope... I need to crush it.

Thats hard to cope with but doesn't mean that just because its not a burning fire of love, that you are no longer in love with someone.

Love is an evolutionary thing. It develops over time, and continues to become more than we can fathom. Whether it be with more than one person, or with the same person, it is possible to love more than once in a manner that is far superior than the last, provided we let ourselves learn it.

We develop into people that we didn't think we could be. We love on a level that we never thought was possible. We just have a problem accepting the change of loving someone else. The principle of love hasn't changed, but merely the intensity which we COULD love at becomes higher, but our minds don't want to change from our previous experience.

Last edited:
Funny thing is with this girl who is driving me so crazy, I pulled away from her when she first tried to kiss me. I went so far as starting to see another girl after we went out on our first date.

Then when I couldn't have her I wanted her. When I had her, I didn't know what to do with her. And then one day, boom! She became my world.

I always want what I can't have.

Friend-"Check out that chick over there..."
Me-"A 6...maybe."
Friend-"Eh, you couldn't get her anyway, and she might have a bf."
Me-"Watch this..."

Back