The Grand Tour

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Im glad the got rid of the American driver. That was awful! Liking the new season so far, you can definitely tell they ironed out a few things from last season.

It seems like they are starting to catch their stride. Their chemistry improves with every episode!

Agreed. The end of the last episode had me laughing pretty constantly.

I still haven't figured out what's keeping me from being super excited for it every week. Those 3 have been together for nearly 15 years now, and it feels forced where it once felt fluid. I know it's been scripted the whole time, but it didn't FEEL scripted on the BBC. I dunno if that's them trying to dodge legal battles with the BBC, or if it's just that the concept may have just run its course.

I still find myself watching each week, and it did kinda force me into getting Acorn and BritBox through amazon, so I guess it is serving its purpose for them.

Agreed. The end of the last episode had me laughing pretty constantly.

I still haven't figured out what's keeping me from being super excited for it every week. Those 3 have been together for nearly 15 years now, and it feels forced where it once felt fluid. I know it's been scripted the whole time, but it didn't FEEL scripted on the BBC. I dunno if that's them trying to dodge legal battles with the BBC, or if it's just that the concept may have just run its course.

I still find myself watching each week, and it did kinda force me into getting Acorn and BritBox through amazon, so I guess it is serving its purpose for them.

I blame Amazon more so than the hosts. Amazon is used to throwing money at a project and backing away. I think they have to be way more involved in this "live" show compared to a scripted series or movie. I think BBC had 15 years of knowing the cadence of their conversations and who they are as people, Amazon is figuring it out though.

They need a different table and camera angle for "the news". The way it's setup right now is too rigid. Not sure if it's the table or if it's the camera angle, or both. But they need a way to loosen that up. The jag segments felt spot on the money though.

I'm so glad they got rid of the american driver. But, I think that they need to actually use the driver they have to give some insight as to her opinion of the cars she drives and how they compare or something. the whole "right, lets see what you got!" stuff at launch is annoying.

But, other than that, I think I'm enjoying this season much more than the first. So glad that celebrity brain crash is gone.

I've watched the first 4 episodes of season 3 and I'm kinda meh.

Really enjoyed it up until now and I'm hoping I get back into it.

I've watched the first 4 episodes of season 3 and I'm kinda meh.

Really enjoyed it up until now and I'm hoping I get back into it.

I always thought the best part of the show was when they would go on special challenges. The 2 or 3 episodes where they went to Burma and built the bridge was one of my favorite stories they did.

One thing I miss is "star in a reasonably priced car". But it's a different show than Top Gear. It's the Grand Tour. It's supposed to be different.

Yeah, i also feel like they are just trying a bit too hard now... It's all the same gimmicks, nothing really original anymore.

Some of the best parts in old top gear for me was the scenery and the narration over music where Clarkson gets serious for a moment... shows a crazy sunset or something.

I liked the hit laps too, but the interviews were always a bit too long - especially for the only-famous-in-Britain celebs/soccer players, etc

Yeah, i also feel like they are just trying a bit too hard now... It's all the same gimmicks, nothing really original anymore.

Some of the best parts in old top gear for me was the scenery and the narration over music where Clarkson gets serious for a moment... shows a crazy sunset or something.

I liked the hit laps too, but the interviews were always a bit too long - especially for the only-famous-in-Britain celebs/soccer players, etc

I guess I'd be pretty happy if they brought the show back to America and focused more on new cars, race circuits, and the industry as a whole. But then again, that's an entirely different show. I have to keep reminding myself that "The Grand Tour" is literally a trip around the world building fun vehicles to complete stupid stunts. I thought the scenery from the Colombia episode was amazing though.

I'm happy with Season 3 so far.

I feel like they just need a few more of last week's (S03E05) style episodes to break up the long forced gag tours. Easily my favorite episode that they've done on Amazon.

I really liked the Jim Clark thing that Hammond did.

Agreed. I wish they really gave each host more of their own time. Maybe that's what I'm missing. Having a bulk of the car tests drives rotate between hosts loses some flair. Or at least have them do different cars and types of reviews. Clarkson can do the exotics, Hammond can do the muscle cars, and May can do the quirky and unique. But it's also great to have them do their own stuff, like Hammond's documentary about Jim Clark. That was brilliant.

The Jim Clark doc part is one of my favorite parts of the whole series so far, I hope they do continue down that path. Would love to see James delve into some off the wall cars.

Anyone else contribute to James' victory, or am I the only one who wasted more than 15 minutes watching him unbox a car?

I was probably watching it after they filmed in the tent. ~3 weeks ago google news and my youtube home page were pushing it pretty hard.

Back