the new super mario bros

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Oh, it's not a port. It's a completely new game designed for the Wii. New levels, new story, everything...

We'll see.

Mario Kart was a new game...........................................................

my girl has a DS.... shes had it for a while and has about 10 games for it. my favorites are super mario bros and mariokart lol.

and yeah i like the DS better than the PSP personally...

I personally have the R4DS (which, when I got it was super expensive and hard to come by... now they're easy to find and cheap!) I have a 2g micro SD card in the adapter and have pretty much all the DS games (US, Japan, Euro, etc) downloaded. I usually have about 20-30 games loaded on it at a time... Great little device and makes traveling with the DS & games so much easier.

R4,R4DS,Revolution For DS-WWW.R4DS.COM

Some favorites...

Picross
Puzzle Quest
Animal Crossing
Super Mario Bros
Mario Kart
Metroid Pinball
Brian Age

Can you link me to some sites that sells it? They have a where to buy page but I can't click on anything and down below it doesn't list USA or North America.

Considering they were classified as illegal, that might be a difficult endeavor. If you know someone in Japan, you can still find them in vending machines over there, but as far as an online retailer... might be tricky.

I wouldn't get the R4DS from ebay. I'll have to figure out where my bf and I got ours (had them for almost 2 years now). I'll post up when I find out more.

So you can play old school roms right? I'm not trying to do DS games.

There's a lot of NES/SNES games you can't buy and if you can you get stuck with playing them on an old school system.

Yes and no. The DS has a homebrew system appropriately called nesDS and it will run 99% NES games. However, due to the DS' limited cpu power, it cant fully emulate SNES. Its choppy and slow, especially with sound. Even my 624mhz PDA cant run SNES at full speed. Im not sure what the limitation is because even an old AMD K6 700mhz runs it fine and the 200mhz Dreamcast can run it. Probably an architecture issue.

Lastly, a quick search over at gbatemp reveals if you have a DSi, only working slot-1 cards are the Acekard 2i and iM3.

Like I said, if anything if you have a regular DS, get a cycloDS or Acekard2i because most of the hot titles that are out are giving old cards trouble eg GTA Chinatown Wars and if the dev team isnt keeping up with firmware, you wont be able to play them. Im not sure where else to buy except dealextreme, though. They took a long time but they ship.

cycloDS it is, on backro order but it will come when it comes.

To make life easier, can I rip my current DS games into roms so I can load them all on one chip?

Also, what's a hot (non DS) rom site? I have lots of NES stuff on my computer but wouldn't mind finding a bit more.

Back