The Official Brian Wants To Quit Smoking Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Good luck B, I also want to be a quitter. I notice that when I am bored I smoke more, especially at work. Whenever I see you, remind me not to smoke infront of you. I think cold turkey might be the way to go. But my will power has only lasted at 3 weeks at most.

Good luck Brian,I wish I cold quit,but I have two cartoons in my closet soooo....and there is a cigarette machine (yes like a coke machine,but cigs) on every corner in Germany,makes it hard.

g00d luck y0. I know a few people that quit cold turkey by going to jail because where I live you can't smoke in jail so they will be in like jail for 8 days and when they get out they are repulsed by the smell and everything.

The best way to quit I think is by never starting :D :D :D

hey i need help...im only 16 years old and i started at 14. I use to go home smell like smoke when i was 14 and my parents asked why do u smell like dat and my excused always worked...dat i came from da pool hall. But these past couple months i got busted red handed. I told my momma dat dis was my 3rd ciggerate and she yelled and dat was it. I wanna stop smokin but its so hard. Pretty much all my friends smoke and when im near dem i cant help but smoke tooo. I cant control da feine. I tried gum but i stilll fiene for the ciggerate..PLEASE HELP ME

stop stealing cigarette's cause fuck knows your not old enough to buy them.

Are you even old enough to drive?

haha bri he got you good there though

mastering typing is diferent than being a total fucktard and that suddenly becomes dat and this becomes dis.

th = d?????

:bash:

and i'm cranky- sue me. 10:16 pm 4/21 - no cigarette's yet.

:ph34r: :ph34r:

LOL My suggestion to bip is avoid situations y0 with kids that smoke and shit, I mean I don't smoke, but I know a lot of people that do, so when they smoke and shit think about how "cool" they look and shit by putting pollutants into their bodies so they can get that nicotine high from some chemicals and shit just because they wanted something to do. No offense to all the smokers on the board but smoking is like putting pollutant's in your body every 20 minutes or whatever hoping you die sooner. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 21 2003, 09:21 PM
mastering typing is diferent than being a total fucktard and that suddenly becomes dat and this becomes dis.

th = d?????

:bash:

and i'm cranky- sue me. 10:16 pm 4/21 - no cigarette's yet.

:ph34r: :ph34r:

haha im just messing with you man. Keep it up. If you smoke a butt your a pussy, and im going to knock you one at the next hondaswap meet :p

good luck.. from what i understand its pretty hard... how about the next time you smoke.. you send me your motor, and u pay shipping. That will help ya quit :lol:.

My uncle quit smoking a little over 20 years ago....just the other day he was telling my dad how he STILL sometimes misses that cup of coffee and a cigarette in the morning.
On the other hand, one of my co-workers quit many years ago(he's well into his 60's, working part time) after he visited a room full of lung cancer victims. He said he had never seen "anything so ugly in his life," and never thought twice about having another cigarette from that day on.
Good luck to you and congradulations on your 14 1/2 hour streak. I hope one day I'll have the strength to quit myself.

Instead of pissedoffsol you should be pissedonself..Fucktard? awww momma taught you a new word? Good boi

Originally posted by bip@Apr 22 2003, 03:35 AM
Instead of pissedoffsol you should be pissedonself..Fucktard? awww momma taught you a new word? Good boi

Don't get butthurt because you say stupid shit and people think your an imbecile.

Originally posted by bip@Apr 21 2003, 09:35 PM

looks like someone beat the fuck out of of you with the idiot-stick.

way to go, Brian! good luck man! :thumbsup: here's my 2 cents....

the famous motivator Stephen Covey...and some other psychoanalytical types say that a real good way to get rid of an addiction is to sustitute something for it. substitute what, i dont know. chewing gum i guess...or playing computer games or something. anything that will take its place. work on your car? shop for new parts on the net? whatever. i worked for a guy who quit cold turkey when he was your age and he still hasnt smoked a single cig for over 30 years! he said that one day he just decided to quit. said he was smoking about 3 packs a day, and that it was probably the hardest thing he ever did in his life, but he says if he had to do it over again...he would still go cold turkey cause he has seen his friends try to quit gradually and none of them could do it for good.

Quitting gradually does not work. I have tried it but with no success. Atleast bip will give B something to do. Insert Ban Dance pic here.

Back