brian wants a new car

help me decide- READ POST FIRST

• BMW 330xi sport package

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BMW 325xi xenon pack

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I say stick with the S4 then.

But, remember this - once a tuner always a tuner (you will mess with it).

Audi's rock, not the little homo A3's, but those S4's are bitchin'.

The best winter cars I've owned have got to be either the 4Runner I currently own (It's an SUV, it can really carry stuff (regular sized truck bed on the back) it carries people in stretched out comfort, actually goes off road, and the removable top makes it a total party vehicle. I never want to get out of mine. Plus it gets 30mpg (it's not fast, no) and it makes for a perfect extreme weather truck. It's very competant whatever you throw at it.

My next favorite is the Subaru Brat. Not that BAJA shit. but a 1986 Brat. Both of these cars you can keep alongside the house while you're out on the good days with the Sol or the S13. Also, they cost about the same as a downpayment for one of your choices - in MINT shape.

Also, a very good car to compliment a sports car is the Subaru Loyale wagon. You can carry stuff, people, and it will conquer every bit of terrain there is. They also come with factory built PTO accessories like front-mounted snow blowers, plows, and even a mower attachment for clearing out fields. I'm not kidding.

Try the Subaru SVX for long-distance cruising comfort. It's fast, very stable and it outperforms any other Subaru to date - including the WRX on dry roads. It's still AWD so it's competant in the rain and snow. It's automatic only, but they all have REAL tip-tronic trannies. It's a 4 seater FA Porsche 911. The seating is totally limousine, and they all have really advanced HVAC systems.

You're looking at cars that aren't meant to be complimentary cars. They are meant to be your one-and-only,and you'll be making payments on them every month for years to come. Why bother yourself ? Get a vehicle that can do only the things your current cars can not - like haul things, people, and handle the snow. Leave the summer months for your sleds.

-> Steve

I've always tried to work out a specialized car. A road-trip car, a winter car, a 2 seater, and maybe a convertible summer car. My setup when I had the following was the best:

the Celica GTA was my garage queen. Used for special occasions.
the Celica Sunchaser was my convertible. That was out EVERY nice day.
the CRX was my economical, tight quarters commuter car that got good mileage and could park in the City when I had to commute
the 4Runner was my winter and utility truck, as well as a few days in the mountains with the top off
and the Supra was my long-haul comfort car.

My new setup is a bit less:
the Civic is my daily "commuter" and stereo platform.
the CRX is my Autocrosser
the Celica will be my Drifter
the 4Runner may replace the Civic as the daily, but I HAVE to go out driving in storms. It's definately my new convertible when I buy the $800 softtop for it.
and the Formula is my Dreadnought. Meant to replace the Supra as the "Highway Weapon" and "Garage Queen" at the same time.

In your case, I could see the 240 becoming both the Autocross and Drift cars (That way you'll be a pro in how to handle one in all situations, completely unstoppable) and the Del Sol your show / highway weapon and the next car as everything those cars can't do. Like haul things, people, and handle the snow.

Now I should sign my post, because my P.S. was longer than my post.

-> Steve

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 2 2004, 09:28 AM
I want something stock that isn't loud, rides nice, 4 door, and pimp and might get me laid. lol

Mine's quiet, rides really nice, and so far, more girls have liked it than the Civic. Hm... maybe cuz the Celica is a girl's car. :)

As for Volvo- they have an AWD S60, and if you like wagons, there's a V50 coming out- turbocharged I-5 engine making 220-ish HP, six speed, AWD. Yummy.

Originally posted by SolPWR@Apr 2 2004, 05:36 PM
what about volvo? they make some nice cars. Saab has some nice cars too

I think he is looking for something that doesn't say " Hi, I am over thirty"

Admittedly though, the new Volvos are coming into their own. The S80, or C70 Cabriolet with the turbo 272 PS fourspeed auto, would be nice to just cruise around in. Throw in an executive package, and you're good to go. Of course, that's also 54,595.00 EURor 65000ish USD.

out of those cars id choose the s4. but if i had to choose any awd 4 door....id go sti. no need to tune it, its a beast as it is. i fyou like the g35's (i dont, i do not condone the purchase of one), they make an awd fo' do'.

hey man, not trying to shit on your idea, but just keep in mind that the payment will be around for a long time, just something to think about if you want out of your rents place anytime soon :)

i think you've already made up your mind b- i know that you really want the S4 so i think that you should go for it homie- that car has def. pimp appeal :thumbsup:

my cousin works for audi and he was going to buy a s4 but now he says that audi's are not that good. he says he sees them come in with blown suspension with under 10,000 miles on them. but i would still get that s4 out of them. but what about an evo

early 90's AWD 911... They would get you laid, have 4 seats (bearly) are extremly reliable (just not cheap for parts) and defently not boring.

S4 if you dont like my idea.

Really B, AWD, RWD, FWD, doesn't really matter in the winter. As long as you have snow tires, your not going to get stuck. I am almost postive knowing you, your going to have at least some sweet tires for the summer, so you'll have to get snow tires anyways. Don't just limit yourself to awd.

Back