Thoughts on leases?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Outlandish_Bandit@Jun 2 2005, 10:06 AM
You gotta remember mileage too. My buddy used to have a leased Ranger XLT that he went wayyyyyy over on mileage. He ended up having to get bailed out by his parents at the end of his lease cause he couldn't afford it. Do some research before you jump into anything. Personally, I would never lease; paying a little bit cheaper for something that in the long run I STILL wouldn't own just seems retarded to me. But oh well :/
[post=506674]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

My dad had to drop 500 when my sister's lease was up on her Cavalier. Somehow my sister and her husband managed to put about 20k miles OVER on the odo.

I would never lease as well.

when you lease, if you want to buy the car at the end, you'll end up paying more for the car than you would if you had put a dp on it and gotten a bank loan to pay the rest. leasing sucks, it's just a way for car dealerships to make more money, that's why they push it so hard. if you want to BUY a car, the best way is to save up for a size-able dp, then get a bank loan for the rest.

Back