Ti bike

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I agree SRAM has stepped up the quality of their product, wish I could afford the CAAD9-4 with full SRAM group set.

I'll be getting a Cannondale CAAD9 w/ Shimano 105's, can't wait. you should check out bikeforums.net

Last edited:
you should check out bikeforums.net
I will have to do this. I am on RBR but don't talk to much. I have not found a forum that is as easy as HondaSwap.

Well I pretty much got it ready to go may not look like it but am waiting on a few major small pieces that are not allowing me to assemble it all. I also applied all the decals to the frame.
1. I need a different bottom races on the fork for the lower bearing cup since it is a different headset. Which sucks because we dropped our order with our supplier today so I gotta wait a week to order the race.
2. The mechanic has a pair of old Ultegra cranks that he is giving me but tomorrow is his day off so I won't get em till Wednesday.

Bare frame nothing on it weighted in at 2.97 lbs and as you see it weighted 7.59 lbs. I am well under what I originally thought it was going to weight. I have my fingers crossed for the 16 pound range.

Sorry for the crappy pictures iphone doesn't cut it. Thanks for all the feedback and support!
IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

Last edited:
My roommate has a lemond versaille with full sram red on it. It's a sweeeeet ride.

I'm a campy fan. It's heavier, but the shifting is sooooo smooth.

And wanna hook it up with a white seat and some bar tape? Any spares or stock seats swapped out? I like the white theme. Hehe.

Ohio has some decent mountain biking trails I ride. I have a Gary Fisher Marlin. I bought it used off of craigslist a few years ago, and it's due for an overhaul. Needs a new shock, and the last time I went riding I broke the seat post. It's crazy how expensive bike parts can get. I could easily surpass what I put into my civic every year.

Have you been to Rays? The place is awesome, its a big indoor mountain bike park up in Cleveland 100,000+ sq ft.

2961499567_3c9b42e6a0.jpg

raysmtb.com for more puictures and videos.

Last edited:
Well I finished the bike today. I thought I would show you it finished. Kinda disappointed weighted 18.5 lbs. But that is with some heavy pedals and a really heavy saddle. Also when I race and will put skinner/lighter tubes and tires will drop it a half pound. Hopefully tomorrow I will have a new set of wheels on there that will drop 3/4ths a pound.
IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

I like the gold cable housing.
IMG_0194.jpg

Now I just gotta save up $2,500 for a full Sram red group and Sram s60 wheels and full carbon bars, stem and seatpost then it should be well under 16lbs :).

Yeah that indoor mtb course is pretty amazing. Campy isn't much heavier the owner of the shop I work at has it the super record 11 and it is amazing looking. The amount of quality that goes into campy components is amazing.

Slammedteggy PM sent.

Looks great, but go spend 6 dollars and get some new black tubing.

The eggbeaters I have are the cheapest ones you can buy. They make nicer/lighter ones that have ti spindle and some ti hardware. But yes they make lighter pedals like Speedplay pedals are also very light and some look pedals like the high end KEOs that are a full carbon body are also lighter. The eggbeaters are primary an off road pedal and they don't seem to grasp your foot as tight as Looks or Speedplay pedals do that is another reason I want a different pair for the road.

Back