Timing Question??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If anyone has read my previous post, I got the B18B1 in the EF running. Now how do I get the timing set? Theres isnt a dial with #'s on it and how would I know what degrees it set to??

there are marks on the cam gears along with crank pully. you need to set the crank pulley arrow to the tick mark on the oil pump. this is tdc. if hte arrows on the cam gears are point straight up, your good. timing for hte dizzy gear and intake cam can not be fucked up.b/c the way they hook into each other, theres only one way for it to work.

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Jun 9 2005, 09:35 AM
what timing are you referring to? ignition or crank to cam?
[post=510097]Quoted post[/post]​

Setting Ignition timing? I got the timing belt all done and perfect.

get an inductive timing light and connect it to cylinder one after your engine has reached normal operating temperature, then turn on your light and point it at the crank pully(with engine running) the mark on your timing case should line up within hte 3 dashes in a row on your crank pulley...if not index your distributor until it does.

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Jun 9 2005, 05:36 PM
get an inductive timing light and connect it to cylinder one after your engine has reached normal operating temperature, then turn on your light and point it at the crank pully(with engine running) the mark on your timing case should line up within hte 3 dashes in a row on your crank pulley...if not index your distributor until it does.
[post=510362]Quoted post[/post]​

I read in the manual that theres a connector that needs a jumper wire and then you set the timing. Wheres that connector? Its an 89 civic HB Si.

Its a two pin connector, with (I think) brown and green wires going to it, manual should say where it is. Short it out with a paper clip, look at your dash your check engine light should come on when you start the motor.

Back