Took the hybrid for a real ride

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
Ight even witht the fucked up axle that likes to pop out, and no cooling system in yet I took the LS swapped civic for its first REAL test drive, the other rides weren't real becasue I couldn't rev past 3500 rpm.

So I took that shit around the block, and I was very impressed with the completely stock LS. Even with the new clutch I had to "let it loose". 1st gear I took it kinda "easy" powershifted into second to hear a NICE chirp, when I slowed down at 55 mph cause of the bad axle it popped out anyway and I ran outta gas. Sounds kinda like a nightmare of a first test drive but it was impressive to me (maybe it was because I was driving a SOHC saturn before). Damn, I already love my new car.

well no, it's only dangerous if I can't get over quick enough. And I don't live on a main street so I'm good.

do yourself a favor and complete the swap before driving it, no means to fuck shit up if you really could avoid it, but good luck and enjoy driving :)

NO COOLING SYSTEM, and an axle that's popping out? Geez, I see quite a few "why is engine dead"threads cooming from your direction.

LOL, my block isn't even a quatermile around, I don't drive it like it's my daily driver yet. I'm gettin the radiator hoses today and gona try puttin the axle in with the snapring later. Hopefully if I get the axle in propery and I defenitly get the radiator hoses I'll take a longer drive. Since everything else is done properly now.

sounds like this vehicle was not ready to leave the garage. At least get the cooling system working before you drive it.

Yup, finally got it done though, read the post "radiator hoses: to read about the story. I was just too anxious to let it be sime-diveable and have it sit in the garage.

Back